Where Have You Been?

A/N

Please listen to the song (K.Will's 'Our Song' for those who were wondering) while reading. This is the melody that inspired this one shot. The lyrics literally have nothing to do with the scenario, but I think the melody does. I'll do better with this in the future. If you know a song you think would go well with it (lyrics and melody), please let me know!

As you're sure to realize if you read my oneshots, I'm easily inspired by K. Will's music. Ballads are just so easy for me to write to. You'll probably see a lot of his music on my one shots being credited for my inspiration. <3

I hope you like it! Thanks!

(Reader's POV)

~4 long years later~

It had only been 4 years since Jungkook left, but those 4 years had seemed so long. Throughout all that time, I had been in utter misery. I'd never experienced pain and sadness like this for so long.

Sadly, a few months after Jungkook's departure, I moved to another part of Korea with my family. And with my address change came a change in my contact information. I would have sent him all that info, but my parents told me not to. They'd never been very fond of Jungkook for some reason. He was a perfect boy. There was no reason for them to dislike them. But they did anyway.

I wasn't allowed to contact Jungkook anymore. This only made me more unhappy. I could only imagine what he was thinking...

I finished high school and moved out of my family's home to my own apartment in the city. I was so happy to be free, yet the fact that I hadn't seen my best friend and the one I was in love with for so long still hung heavy over my heart...like a huge rain cloud.

I got into a good college and things were working well for me. I had a night shift at a restaurant and made good friends. Life was pretty successful and productive. Now that I was away from my parents' watchful eye, I decided to try and contact Jungkook again.

Unfortunately, he also changed his contact information.

He was now in a hip-hop group called BTS or Bangtan Sonyeondan (Bangtan Boys). I was glad to know that he was doing well, too. Maybe he'd forgotten me...but at least he was doing something really wonderful with his life. He'd always had a passion for music and dance. He would sometimes sing to me. I missed hearing his singing. He was so talented and I was so happy to know he was showing the world what he could do.

But still...I missed him...

Now that he was famous, it would be harder for us to be together...if we ever even saw each other again...

And then a single ray of hope shone down upon me... HE WAS IN KOREA AGAIN! I read the tour dates for BTS over and over again just to make sure. He was in Korea! My heart started to beat faster and faster and I felt a little dizzy. Was this really happening? I had to find him, I had to see him!

I looked at the fanmeeting dates. There was one in a few days. I bought a ticket fast and put the date on my calendar. Trying to live regularly for the few days before it was hard. The excitement I felt inside was overwhelming...

I would finally be able to see Jungkook again...the boy I was so in love with, my best friend, the most wonderful person I knew...

~Timeskip to the day of the fanmeeting~

I put on a red dress that stopped just above my knees and white tights. To finish off the look, I put my hair in a bun on the top of my head, put a white headband on and red flats. I grabbed my purse and ran off to meet BTS and be reunited with Jungkook.