Outpost 61, Infant Island

The next day, Nick arrived with his things packed up and walked into Outpost 61 after being dropped off via osprey. Waiting for him was not just Dr Chen but also her sister Ling Chen and a young Asian girl around his age.

Ilene: Greetings, Nick *shakes his hand*

Nick: It's an honour, Dr Chen *smiles*

Ilene: I'd like you to meet the intern you'll be working with, Ada Mizuno

Ada: *Shakes his hand* Hello, Nick.

Nick: Hello, Ada nice to meet you

Ada: You two, Nick *smiles* Guess we'll be working together for a while

In time, Nick and Ada were getting along nicely, they both walked up to a balcony, viewing the large Mothra egg, Nick couldn't help but feel amazed at the sight. He knew Mothra was known as the Queen Of The Monsters, and sadly was killed in The Battle Of Boston 5 years prior but interested to know how Mothra made the egg in such time.

Nick: Hey, Ada?

Ada: Hm?

Nick: About the egg, is it going to be a girl or a boy? Assuming that we have the technology to know.

Ada: *chuckles* A girl, above all else it's not really a new member of the species, it's a reincarnation.

Nick: *looks at her eyebrow raised* Sorry, I don't fully get it.

Ada: That's okay, I didn't get it either at first.

Nick: Go on.

Ada: According to Dr Chen and Ling, Mosura has a lifecycle similar to the immortal jellyfish, she first starts as larva, becomes her butterfly form, lays an egg and when she dies in battle, the egg later hatches and Mothra is reborn again, memories, emotions, combat experience all genetically inherited.

Nick: That is impressive!

Ada: Oh...and they also mentioned something...interesting regarding Godzilla.

Nick: I know that they had some symbiotic relationship and Godzilla is known as the King, Mothra is called the Queen, you're meaning to tell me...

Ada: According to Dr Chen, they met when Godzilla was a hatchling and she was a Larva. Chen added that over the years she gave him friendship, help...she even gave him her heart

Nick: Her heart? Errr..

Ada: Figuratively, not literally

Nick: Oh, right...wait if she is the Queen and he is King...are they??

Ada: I didn't want to believe it, but according to Dr Chen and Dr Ling. Yes, their relationship is more than just symbiotic. It's love.

Nick: Wow..Makes me wonder, this must be why Godzilla's bioacoustics was sounding rather sad, he misses her. 

Ada: Poor Godzilla, i thought after Hong Kong and making peace with Kong, i thought he'd be glad and happy. 

Ilene: That's because there's still some problems

Ada and Nick turned to see Dr Chen

Ilene: Recently there's been spikes of Titan trafficking and attempts of capturings everywhere.

Ada: But Godzilla and Rodan have been working together to thwart them.

Nick: That prick, Jonah...

Ada: The feeling is mutual

Later, Nick entered Ada's quarters, whom she'd be sharing with while he stayed.

Ada: This bed is mine, you'll sleep on the one over there

Nick: Sure

Nick unpacked his things and noticed a Samurai sword hanging on the wall.

Nick: Woah

Ada: I see you noticed my grandfathers sword *picks it up* Dates all the way back to ancient Japan, i keep it as a memento. *Places it back* He used it in WW2 and went through many tough battles with it.

Nick: I got something like that *he dips into his bag and pulls out a small case*

Ada: Ooh, what is it?

Nick unlocked the case to reveal a M1911 handgun

Nick: This specific handgun was used by my grandfather also during the war , after him my dad used it when he joined the military

Ada: Where is your dad now?

Nick went silent

Ada: Nick?

Nick: Remember The Rise Of The Titans incident? 2019?

Ada: Of course. What happened?