party girls dont get hurt

song of the chapter: chandelier- sia

Michael sat on the kitchen counter watching the people dancing in her living room, waiting for her boyfriend Calum to return with her drink. It felt rejuvenating. The loud bass of the music, the alcohol swimming through her bloodstream. She liked throwing parties, making her friends feel alive with dancing and drinks and games of all sort.

She needed to drink, feeling herself sober up. Where the fück is Calum? she thinks to herself. Michael hops of counter and goes to the drink station grabbing a bottle of tequila. She opened the bottle and took a long swing before running off to find Calum. She goes into the garden, looking around for a head of raven hair, instead her eyes land and a girl with pale skin and blonde hair reading a book. Who the fück reads books at a party? she thinks.

"Babe!" she hears a voice calling her just as she tries to approach the mystery girl. "Where the fück have you been? I've been searching everywhere for you!"

"Well you were taking a long time! I took matters into my own hands." The red head said, lifting the bottle in her hands. The handsome boy came over to her, kissing her deeply. Soon they were full on snogging. A cough broke them apart. She looked down on the blonde girl, who was flushed.

"Can you please move a little? You're quite blocking the light." She says in an audible whisper.

"You're at a party. Why the fück are you reading?" Calum retorted.

"My mom made me go." she says looking into my eyes. Her eyes where like the ocean after the storm, a clear blue that somehow reassures you that there is hope. Wait, what the fück am I saying? They stared into each other's eyes for a couple of seconds before I interrupted the silence.

"Calum can you get me something to drink?"

"But you have a half bottle left.." She threw the bottle into the pool.

"Well now I don't. Tequila is overrated." Calum looked at her, curiosity in his eyes, before he mumbled an okay. She sat on the grass next to the blonde, looking into her eyes.

"I'm Michael." She says, reaching her hand out to the blue eyed girl. But instead of shaking it, she directs her eyes back on the book at hand.

"I know."

"Well, kitten, can I know yours?" She asks, surprisingly politely.

"I should go." She said, standing up. Wow, she was tall.

"But-" she started only to be cut off.

"Look, I know you're trying to be nice and all, but I'm going to save you of the humiliation of being seen with me." The lanky girl walked away, leaving Michael puzzled and confused.

"I need another drink."