"Mr. Higgs? Mr. Higgs, wake up."

Higgs opened his eyes and looked around for a second. Oh... same place...

"Why are you chained to the bed?" The chains moved a little. "I'm going to have to cut these off... unless there's a key somewhere?"

Higgs heard the person leave but he didn't really care. What was the point of caring? No one was coming for him and Elizabeth made sure that he knew it every single day. Even the glimmer of hope he had given himself landed him in chains and in immense pain, which usually also led to her doing stuff to him mentally, making things worse than before they started. He thought he'd learned to shut up and take whatever was thrown at him but... maybe there was enough stubbornness left in him to keep himself from completely falling apart but it came at the worst times...

"This was all I could find so please don't move. I'm not really good at this..."

Higgs ignored the person as he heard a loud sound like metal against metal. He hoped Elizabeth didn't hear... He thought he heard something break through but he was afraid to look over. Everything was so loud and bombastic that there's no way Elizabeth couldn't have heard it. So it had to be something she was doing to toy with him. She would never not come and see what was going on...

"Come on."

"No."

"Mr. Higgs, you're free..."

"That doesn't mean anything."

"If you're worried about Elizabeth then she's in a deep sleep. She won't be coming."

"She's never just asleep. I don't believe you."

Higgs felt a pair of hands on his cheeks as they moved his head to make him look at whoever they were. Even so, Higgs avoided making eye contact with them. If it was Elizabeth in disguise, he didn't want to know, and if it wasn't, looking at anyone else but her gave him a false sense of hope. Too many times he thought he was going to be freed and he wasn't. He learned that much...

"Mr. Higgs, look at me."

"No."

The person was silent for a moment. "Do you even know who I am?"

"It doesn't matter." He said, closing his eyes to not be tempted.

The person sighed. "Pixus was right..." The person grabbed his face tighter. "Look at me, Mr. Higgs."

"No!" he growled, wrenching away from him. "You're not real! You can't help me! Everyone who's tried is a fake or they aren't strong enough! Leave me alone!"

"I can't do that, Mr. Higgs." He person said angrily. "If it wasn't for me then you wouldn't even be in this position. If I hadn't opened my big mouth earlier this year then you would have never had to endure any of this... You can't make me leave without you."

Higgs opened his eyes, although he still wouldn't look at the person. The voice was starting to sound familiar... the apologetic tone and sadness...

"What makes you think I'll believe you over everyone else? You could be a fake and you're just Elizabeth in disguise."

"Believe me, I'm not. I drugged Elizabeth into a very, very deep sleep that she won't be coming out of for a good while. Besides, I don't think she knows me well enough to try and imitate me."

Higgs swallowed, anticipation and doubt fighting against each other. "That... that doesn't mean anything..."

"I understand why but if you would just look at me then you'd know that I'm real and I'm here to take you home."