• Chapter 2: "Fate"

It's been a few days since I stayed at Mr. Alderidge's. I helped the maids out a lot since they give me food and place to stay. As for right now, Im cleaning my room.

I suddenly heard loud inaudible voices downstairs and rushing footsteps. I was about to go down and check, but I was half from finish cleaning my room.

I decided to check outside through the window in my room. 'Maybe there was a guest?'. I thought as I seperated the curtains to see.

There was a luxury car outside with a guy who seems to be a bodyguard opening the passanger door. Then, a foot stepped out of the car. It was a woman with a tight dress which was lap-long. She has fur around her neck, making her look like one of those models. She has designer high heels and designer luxury hand bag.

She walked carefully to the front door, the bodyguard opened it for her. And that's all that I can see.

Curiousity took over me. I decided to go check downstairs. I walked to the beginning of the staircase that leads downstairs, peaking.

The butlers and maids were all lined up on the left and right side of the front door, as like they were welcoming someone special. And as for Mr. Alderidge, he was in the middle, waiting for the woman to enter the house.

As the woman entered the house, Mr. Alderidge spread his arms wide while welcoming, he was inviting the woman for a hug. She hugged him. The butlers and maids then said "Welcome, Mrs. Alderidge." Simultaneously.

Mr. Alderidge then dismissed the butlers and maids, he held her hand walking her to upstairs. I quickly ran to my room and started countinuing again, not wanting to get caught peaking.

I really don't what they were talking or thinking, the room they entered that seem to be a bedroom was rooms away from mine. So I just countinued cleaning peacefully.

.
.
.
.
.
.

The last thing to do is sweep my room. When I was just about to start sweeping, a knock was heard on my bedroom door.

"Come in" I gave the person a permission to enter.

I didn't look at the person, my back was facing them. "Y/n, Mr. Alderidge wishes to have lunch with you, now." A feminine voice said.

I nodded as a response. The person then closed the door with a click. I placed the broom next to the closet. 'I'll countinue later.' I thought as I opened the door and left my bedroom.

I anxiously went downstairs to got to the dining room that was just in the same room as the kitchen. 'Is Mr. Alderidge going to kick me out?.. But my life was better after he let me stayed!! I didn't do anything wrong, did I?..' I questioned myself as I stopped in my tracks since I've got to the kitchen.

"Ah, hello y/n, I want you to meet my wife. You can call her Mrs. Alderidge." He said as he pointed out the woman who was sitting on the opposite side of the table he is sitting.

She was the woman you saw earlier at the door. She had beautiful yellow silk hair and blue eyes, like how every girl wanted to be. She was beautiful head to toe. Starting from her body, face, and height, she is perfect. And I think she is a model or a celebrity from what she's wearing.

"Hello their young lady, your name is y/n isn't it? I heard a lot about you throught my husband when I was away. Did you felt better staying here?" She smiled at me.

I nodded, still keeping my vision to the floor as I fiddle the edge of the dress I am wearing.

"Oh! No need to be shy, darling." She said as she giggled in her hand.

"We were also wondering.." Mr. Alderidge started talking with a serious tone as he looked at me, brows frowned.

"We wanted to adopt you as our daughter, y/n.. And we just wanted your agreement on this, so we can continue further on doing the adoption conditions." He said seriously as he held both of my hands, looking at me with a serious look in his eyes.

I hesitated for awhile. 'This might be the chance to change everything.. For better you and better place.. Maybe with the help of the Alderidge's fame, you can spread the word to stop the war and get the world peace, right?'. I was still unsure but with that thought of mine, I have gotten the answer.

"I would gladly accept it, Mr. Alderidge!" I said happily as I gave him a closed eye smile.

His gaze softened. He returned my smile with a soft smile. I also looked to Mrs. Alderidge, she was also smiling.

And there it is.. The change.

==============================

-"To Be Countinued.."