A gourmet dish

The air was stuffy, the floor damp. The last thing you recalled was walking into Dawn Winery per your commission. Now that you awoke and were adjusting to your surroundings though, you realized you were not in Dawn Winery. Instead you found yourself tied up in a dark room. 'A cellar' you thought to yourself as you looked around frantically. It was difficult to make anything out in the dim lighting, but you could just barely see the glow of light coming from under a door opposite the side of the room you were. Without any other thought you began to inch your way over, though difficult as your legs were bound too. After a few minutes of futility you decided to try untying the rope containing you, but still to no avail.

You shifted around uncomfortably before finally stopping and taking in your surroundings. There were crates and boxes littered around the room. Wine probably older then you was stored on the walls, a light hung from above with a pull string hanging off of it. There was also one window behind you, too high for you to even dream of reaching. It only led to the window well anyways. You were definitely still in the winery.

Being so caught up in your attempts at escaping you hadn't noticed that the door had opened and someone had entered. The sound of footsteps so close startled you and you instantly closed your eyes and went still. "I know you're awake Traveler." Adelinde chuckled as she lowered next to you. You held your breath. "No need to be so tense, I'm sure you're here for my commission?" she continued. You opened one eye at this and glared at her. This commission had to do with a meat shortage, not being kidnapped and stuffed in a basement.

You opened your mouth to say something but she cut you off, "My commission lists exactly what I needed. Maybe you didn't get it, but I'm glad you took it!" she clapped her hands together, "I've always been curious about how out of this world you could be." You tried hard to think back to the commissions details, ignoring whatever she was saying to you now. "...you are the key ingredient Traveler!" she smiled sickly.

That's when it finally clicked. The strangely suspicious food, the rumours, the keys. Adelinde kept secrets, secret ingredients. This one was human.

You tried to squirm away from her but she grabbed your shirt and pulled you closer. "You're sick!" you spat in her face, but she only smiled.
"-and you'll be delicious."