03

chapter three
runaway

You never truly feel a connection until the tiny affects and changes taken place within everything you once believed in

You never truly feel a connection until the tiny affects and changes taken place within everything you once believed in. It wasn't easy but in the end you figure out what you could have had and what you've even lost in the process.

It has been around a month since the mass murder in the mall, it's been all over the news and they still had no evidence as towards the cause of the situation and the guilt was dripping her immensely. She couldn't even help the families with the loss or even help stop it from happening as she wasn't even in control of herself.

She had committed over a dozen other murders in the last month and it was getting out of hand, watching the agents race through buildings as she held human organs in her hands and smirking subconsciously.

Alora paced around the LEGION facility, the screams echoing the halls as Cecelia had been finishing her mental manipulation once again, it felt different this time. She was becoming more conscious of her actions and more able to prevent them. It was almost as if she was becoming stronger then the brainwashing and it was no longer taking an affect on her.

She hated the facility more and more each day, she was a mass murderer, arsonist and human enhanced individual which meant that even if she was going to tell someone it wouldn't do any good as she has still taken innocent lives - against her own will.

Alora knew it was wrong; she knew deep down that it wasn't going to get her anywhere and if she wanted the life she truly deserved and could earn then it wasn't going to be this way. She glanced around and noticed that nobody was even paying attention to her.

She felt isolated, alone and worthless as an agent with LEGION. It was dehumanising behaviour that she had been forced to endure since she was 16, the only time she ever felt human was when she went undercover on criminals and got to live a slightly normal life with them.

Alora knew she deserved a lot better then she ever got, her parents were killed during her experiment; her father liked to experiment at least he liked to prove his point a lot but she loved him constantly.

Her father took an experiment too far, she was dragged out by her mother but she chased back after him with her sister, she didn't want him to be alone but then the explosion happened and when she woke up her family was dead but she wasn't so lucky, her body had absorbed the energy that had been contained within the room but she couldn't wish for another more but then being dead.

Alora took one last glance around the place she once called home, the experiment tools leaned against the walls, her friends screaming painfully seething through the walls and her family that she had gained while being their. Dima looked over at her and he instantly knew that she wanted to leave and she looked away instantly with a burning sensation in her eyes.