1

"jungkook today you'll have to meet taehyung, you remember this right?" his mother asked while staring at him with those tough eyes , which always make him feel scared even if he was 25 years old already.

"yes mom." jungkook replied timidly not meeting her eyes , he wasn't not even a bit excited to meet someone that would later on be tied down with him forever.

"okay , make sure to wear something elegant, also not too much fancy absolutely not the one you wore with mrs.jung's daughter."

"yes mom , I've brought dress for this function."

"okay...also me sure-"

"mom stop, I'm not a kid. I'm matured enough to make decisions for myself" he breathed out

"fine 'matured kid' leave and get ready , just be there on time."

oh my go- " yes I will."

Jungkook , age 25, owns a bakery thereby is a chef. Lived all his life in a conservative family who were strict asf , is a virgin but the guy knows it all.
You must be thinking why a chef, I mean
Why not.

Jungkook always enjoyed to cook more than to eat also when he got appreciation from he parents. A chocolate brownie he made when he was just 13 that was his first dish and since then he decided that he would be a chef.

jungkook entered room and sighed loudly, since last year his mother have been continuously bringing up the topic of marriage when he was around, to be honest jungkook isn't ready for it yet or let's say he doesn't want someone that was picked by his parents, he wants to find someone by himself , fall in love , yeah the whole cliche stuff.

He can't really fight about this too, like there were only two times when jungkook was scared for his life;
1) when he was about to tell his parents that he wants to choose culinary courses for college.
2) when he came out to his parents as gay.

let's just say both of those times his parents were not...that happy.

But eventually they approved him or let's say they tried being supportive.

But the marriage thing, he can't fight against it, it's a tradition among their family for planning arranged marriages like this,

he was there when his first cousin's marriage was being decided, the cousin was really going through a lot of shit , but the whole family didn't care and still conducted the marriage only for the groom to runaway with his lover at the last moment.
It was a heart breaking for Jungkook's relatives but to be honest, jungkook admired his cousin's courage to do such a thing.

But still jungkook doesn't have to courage to runaway, he wouldn't disappoint his parents that way, even if it was to sacrifice his life for their happiness.

(muffled scream)

jungkook pulled his head from the pillow and mumbled , "fuck my life"

•••

In Kim's house

"taehyung stop acting childish this is the 11th person you're gonna meet I don't want any excuses for rejecting them" his mother commented harshly.

"what do you think about yourself, that people will come running to marry you?"she mocked him.

yes they will , taehyung whispered inaudibly

"stop dreaming and get ready, the Jeon and Choi family will be here within 2hours"

"mom why is it so hard for you to understand that I don't want to marry now , I been saying this for almost 2 years , 2 YEA-"

"I don't want to hear your yelling right now."she deadpanned

"mom please listen to me , Im not ready yet" he begged

"I listened to you before remember? and you knew what happened right."
Yes , he definitely remembered that, how disappointed his parents were after losing his job, the one his parents wanted him to be.

"it's just-"

"son just think practically, this marriage will only do good for you, Jeon family are good acquaintances they've been friends with Choi family for years now, you know how Choi family is right? ,also their son jungkook is such a sweetheart too you'd like him for sure tae"

"mom please" his voice sounded tired as he talked and taehyung didn't even care about that Jeon guy he just wanted get out of the dumb wedding.

"shut up tae, and get ready I'm tired of your stubborn behaviour."

tears filled taehyung's eyes as he walked towards his room.

Taehyung, 24 ,was working as an accountant in a big company but later on he understood it wasn't for him so he left the job and lied to his parents that the company fired him, therefore he isn't doing anything in the moment. Although as a child taehyung was a very ambitious kid but his parents always wanted to be some office worker and boom his dreams went down the drain.
So can't really blame him for leaving him that job.

taehyung started crying silently as he entered his room, everything felt so unfair at that moment he felt as his life was already in someone else's hand.
But he has gotten used to this , gotten use to how his parents were to him.

his sister Jennie also had an arrange marriage,and he knew how hard it was for her but she managed to adjust and love that person, also now is living happily with two kids.

but taehyung could never , NEVER be his sister, he didn't even want a marriage now , he also wasn't waiting to fall in love with someone. He just wanted to find his passion and do someone he truly loves, but now he won't be able to do that too.

taehyung entered his bathroom and cried softly trying to muffle his cries with the sound of the running tap, also with some hours he got to get ready.