Chapter 45: Padfoot and Moony

A huff leaves my lips as I drop my suitcase onto the bed before me, watching it sink into the comforter of the queen-sized bed. The expandable charm was much needed for it with all the stuff I had collected over the school year. I couldn't wait to add the small Knick-knacks, photos, and small gifts to my room. Make it more like home.

I walk over to the vintage, brown bird cage sitting patiently on the wooden ottoman at the foot of the bed.

"Hey Ophelia," I coo, smiling at the beautiful, light brown and white barn owl. She coos back at me, her small hoots are adorable as she nudges her nose against my finger that is sticking through the gap.

I point my wand down at the bottom of her cage before muttering a quick spell before the sound of a knock echoes through the room.

"Come in!" I call out as I turn away from the Owl who immediately snatches the small, dead rodent into her beak.

I smile at the bushy-haired girl as I grab my sweater that rests on top of my luggage, slipping it on as Hermione shuffles over to Ophelia's cage.

"Hi Ophelia," She smiles, "Are you all set?" Hermione questions me.

"Yeah, just finished packing," I nod, glancing around the room.

"Good, shall we head down to meet everyone then?" She smiles widely, holding her elbow out towards me.

"We shall," I chuckle, looping my arm with hers and allowing the younger girl to pull me with her out of my room.

"Bye Ophelia!" We both exclaim, giggling to each other.

The sound of soft chirps is all we hear before the door closes behind us as we walk through the hall and bound down the stairs.

"There they are!" Ron exclaims, quite dramatically.

"Oh hush Ron." Hermione bends down to pick up the Tabby cat rubbing against her legs. "You and your dramatics," She teases.

"Yeah, whatever,"

"Packed everything, love?" Fred walks over and wraps his arm around my shoulder, directing me out of the common room. Following everyone.

"Yep," I nod with a smile, "You guys packed alright?"

"Of course, why wouldn't we?" He winks playfully, pulling me closer to leave a kiss on the side of my head.

"Cause you boys are trouble," I grin, leaning close.

Fred chuckles, dropping his head down to bring us face to face. A dangerous, playful smirk on his lips.

"Wouldn't you know?..."

The chatting of students, overlapping each other with excitement in their voices along with the sound of hundreds of shoes shuffling around fills the air as every student makes their way towards the train waiting for us to board. The smoke coming from the black chimney, filling the air like an ominous cloud compared to the clear, blue sky.

I chuckle, nudging Lee Jordan back with my shoulder before he does the same and we continue with our little game of walking side to side with each other all the way till we reach the open doors of the train.

"Alright, alright." I giggle as the boy beside me playfully pushes me inside, his hands gently pressing onto my shoulders and guiding me down the hallway and passed the occupied cars. The sounds of students laughter and voices filling them.

"Lee! I can walk on my own. Thank you very much," I tease, taking a larger step forward to get out of his hold.

"You sure? You are moving awfully slower than usual," He softly tilts his head to the side with a small smirk.