Chapter 1 Unwelcome News

Poppy was having a splendid morning. Nothing could go wrong today! Nope! She leant out of her balcony raising her head to the clear skies as she breathed the fresh salty air. She always loved the feel of it and the tug of the ocean waves that always seemed to call to her even though she wasn't quite sure why. She lingered a little longer and imagined what a wonderful day it was going to be that day.

A dear friend from out of town was visiting and her father also added that he had important but exciting news for her

A dear friend from out of town was visiting and her father also added that he had important but exciting news for her. The sun was even bright and shining, could the day get any more perfect? Racing back into her chambers she slipped on her green shoes, having already dressed herself in her favourite blue and green frock and dashed out the door.

Almost instantaneously she collided with another troll.

"Oh careful princess!" Chuckled a good natured voice.

"Oh Nanny Rosiepuff, I'm so sorry!" Poppy cried as she helped the old troll off the wall she had bumped her into.

"It's fine my dear," the kindly woman said warmly. "I know what an exciting day it is for you today."

Poppy beamed and clasped her old nurse's hands in hers. "Yes! Can you believe it? I finally get to see my best friend today! I haven't seen him in ten years! I couldn't believe it when I got that last letter from him saying he was visiting daddy's kingdom!"

Rosie smiled warmly, but something behind her eyes seemed to stop it blooming to full fruition upon her kindly face. "Yes my flower, I know," she squeezed her charge's hands. "Would you like me to come too, when you see your father?"

Poppy made a curious expression, "Well, you don't have too but it would be wonderful to have you there, Creek would probably love to see you again."

Rosiepuff nodded and gently patted the top of Poppy's hands. "Come, lead the way then princess."

Poppy beamed and wrapped her old Nanny's hand under her arm and walked calmly to the throne room together.

*TDOL*

Her father was waiting when they finally arrived. He spread his arms wide, beaming at Poppy who ran to him and threw her own about him. "Good morning Poppy!"

"Morning dad!" She said bouncing on her heels as she pulled back. "Is he here yet? Has Creek arrived?" She then asked excitedly.

"Yes my dear, he's here, I'm glad you're so happy on this beautiful day," her father smiled almost proudly.

At this, Poppy briefly wondered what her father meant but shrugged it off. "So where is he?" The princess grinned.

"He's right behind you luv," sounded a more mature but certainly familiar voice.

Poppy whipped about. "Creek!" The pink troll threw her arms about the purple troll. "After all this time! I can't believe you're actually here!" She squealed in delight.