Chapter 11

Kennedy

"How will you be paying today ma'am?" the woman asks me.

"Credit card," I say while holding the card up.

She takes my card and swipes it for me. I sign and she slides the card back to me.

"Thank you for shopping with us today. Have a good day," she says sweetly.

She hands me my bags and I walk out of the store. I'm so happy with my purchase. I bought the Aren Shopper in Cubic Camouflage Nylon with the pouch in the same collection.

After leaving Dave East's house, I needed a little retail therapy

After leaving Dave East's house, I needed a little retail therapy. I booked a room at the Omni hotel for the rest of my stay here. Call me weird or crazy, but I just needed some space.

I feel like Dave and I kind of jumped into things too quickly. I like him and when things are good, it's fun. But between his little spurts of attitude and his apparent baby mama drama, do I really want to date that man? Let's be real I have so many other options, as does he. If he isn't going to step up and be the kind of man that I want around, then it's on to the next. No, we're obviously not in a relationship but I hold the men that I choose to let into my space AND my life to a certain standard and he needs to understand that.

I'm not just some groupie that wants to get pregnant by a rapper or a baller. I'm Kennedy Rae Shaw and I know what I deserve. Maybe I went a little overboard by leaving without saying anything, but I was going to leave. I didn't like the way he was talking to me and one thing about me, if I don't like the vibes, Ima head out.

As I'm leaving the store, I sit down on a little resting area couch. I slide my phone out of my purse and check my notifications. I have 67 new orders from the boutique and 10 new bookings for KenShaw Eatery. I smile and review some of the information. I'm going to have so many orders to pack when I get home. It's a blessing but it's a bit much for me to do alone. I'm definitely putting my sister to work when I get back. This fall is going to be so busy and I'm ready for it. As I'm scrolling, my business phone rings and it's Stacey.

"Hey Stace, is everything okay?" I ask, hoping she says yes.

"Ummm, no not really. We just got here and Mrs. Ponders is saying that the event is tomorrow, not today," she says.