Chapter 7

❝no

❝no.❞
_

"okay!" mark exclaimed, breaking the calm silence that surrounded them in the car. he tries to contain his excitement for so long but now that the airport is in his view, that's out the window.

"okay?"

"now that we're hear i'm actually kind of super excited to see them again" he chirped happily while pulling the banner from his bag, "it's been 5 years!"

"wow i would've never guessed" taeyong joked, pulling up in front of the airport, "you go ahead and go in there, i'm going to go park the car okay?"

mark nodded quickly and hopped out of the car. he would've almost forgot the banner if taeyong didn't honk the horn. he yelled 'my bad!' behind him but just kept running towards the gate. he's sure he wouldn't be this excited if his cousin would've just regularly visited but that's not really anything he'd want to get into. they're finally here after 5 years!

except they're not.

neither one of them were at the gate they told him they'll be at. he frowned at the sight.

"mark lee!" a voice yelled really loudly across the airport, causing him to turn around. it's his cousin and his boyfriend. of course he'd get the gate wrong. he gently smacked his forehead before running towards them.

"johnny, my favorite!" he squealed, pulling him into a tight hug. people were giving them weird looks but he really didn't care.

"mark, the best!" johnny yelled back, hugging him back just as tight.

they pulled away from the hug but the huge smiles were still evident on their faces, "how long are you staying this time?" mark questioned with sparkling eyes.

"a pretty long time, permanently perhaps" johnny shrugged to play it off. mark just became more excited than before. this really is his ticket to get out of his current living situation.

"permanently?! i think this is the happiest i've ever been honestly" he giggled.

johnny's boyfriend, jaehyun, pouted, "did you forget about me that easily mark? i'm super hurt right now" he complained.

mark giggled and pulled him into a tight hug, "jaehyun, my second favorite!"

"mark, my second best!" jaehyun yelled back to him.

"but come on let's go over here" mark suggested, pointing over to the seats closest to the door. "my friend taeyong brought me here so he's like our ride to your house" he informed. they nodded and made their way towards the airport seats.

"so" johnny started, "did you finally confess to that boy you horn about over the-" he's cut off by his own laughter when mark pushes him.

"oh yeah i remember that one-"

"shut uppp" mark blushed, "and yes i did confess to him, on a beach, at 3am" he stated proudly.

"romanticcc" jaehyun commented. johnny made a noise of agreement.

mark rolled his eyes at their words, watching the entrance to see if taeyong will walk through soon. it didn't really take long due to the parking spots being quite close to the parking spot.

mark vigorously waved him towards them, "there's taeyong right now" he informed the other two.

"hi guys" the said male waved at them when he made his way over there.

johnny was the first to get up, "taeyong, right? i'm mark's cousin, johnny" he introduced.

taeyong laughed and nudged johnny lightly, "johnny we've met each other way before you left, why so formal?" he asked.

"my bad i just thought you forgot about me"

"of course nott" taeyong pulled him into a hug, rocking them all around like he and mark did outside the bus. johnny laughed before pulling away from the hug.

johnny gestured to his boyfriend sitting behind him, "this is my boyfriend, jaehyun, i don't think you've met him for real" he introduced.

jaehyun smiled and held out his hand, "hi" he greeted.

this situation is casual and normal, the airport is a casual and normal place. but taeyong in fact did not feel casual nor normal, he felt like his entire life was just set off into a frenzy. jaehyun was the most beautiful person he's ever seen. he didn't know what to do except stare at him, like he was an exhibit in a art museum. his naturally pink lips stretched only to show his breath-taking smile. his hair fell perfecting on his forehead, and other small details around his face drove taeyong crazy. he almost forgot where they stood in that moment.

"uhm" jaehyun giggled nervously, waving his hand slightly, "you gonna leave me hanging..?"

taeyong blinked, "uh.." he adverted his eyes from everyone's, "h-hi..." he finally stuttered out.

the three males laughed, mark laughing the hardest. he's pretty sure he's the only one that understood what just happened.

"babe, you scared him!" johnny nudged him while still laughing.

"oh i'm sorry taeyong" jaehyun quickly apologized, "i tried to be as inviting as i could"

"well you can't really do that if you're a giant" mark piped in, "how about we go to the car now everybody?" he suggested. johnny and jaehyun nodded and walked over to the exit of the airport.

taeyong was about to follow them but mark stopped him with his hand, "nope, you stay" he instructed, nudging him back towards the seats.

"what's up?"

mark grabbed his shoulders to make them look into each other's eyes, "now look at me as i say this, i don't want your eyes to wander anywhere else" he says like it's most serious thing in the world.

"you listening?" taeyong nodded, "no."

"what-"

"no." mark repeats, "i know all about that look you just put on when you saw jaehyun and i'm going to tell you. right here. right now. no."

"but mark-"

"but nothing, they've been happy together since johnny went to college, don't you dare ruin that for him"

taeyong sighed and slowly nodded. mark was never really serious about anything. he thought his life was already too serious enough to be serious for no reason. so when he is serious, taeyong would listen. he's never said or did anything to hurt him before and he never would now.

"thank you taeyong" mark hugged him, "i'll find you a boyfriend just to make up for it" he giggled.

the red head hugged him back just as tight, "i'll hold you to it" he giggled back.