12 - Porifia

Porifia

Kinjal

Kostas

I walked into a huge ass building with an insane amount of stories, being led by two women

I walked into a huge ass building with an insane amount of stories, being led by two women. One was wearing a black suit, her left forearm in a cast and resting in a sling. The second one was wearing a grey tracksuit, as if she had just finished working out. Both of them led me through multiple twists and turns, before turning into a hallway with glass on either side. Over one side, was an overlook of the city. On the other, was a fake screen with glass stars and crystals. They caught the light of the hallway and glittered.
We took a right and the one in the tracksuit opened a huge dark brown door, and held it open for me and the woman in the cast to walk in, shutting it behind us. We walked in again, into what looked like a private room. There was a TV, a few couches, and a counter with two shelves behind it with multiple kind of drinks. Fucking rich people, I thought.
With her back facing us, Ms.Kinjal was standing, swirling a glass of beer. Above her hung chandelier bigger than her ego. We stopped a distance away from her, and she set the glass down, turning around and putting her hands in her pockets. I slowly walked up, looking her up and down. "Don't forget about our deal."

She tilted her chin up a bit. "Don't forget that your life is mine now."

"My life is mine."

The woman in the cast spoke up from behind me. "You have no right to talk to Ms.Kinjal like that."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Why not?" I pointed a finger at Kinjal. "What are you, a god?"

The woman in the tracksuit spoke up next. "Watch your mouth. You have no idea that Ms.Kinjal-" she stopped talking, and I turned to see Kinjal had put her hand up, stopping her mid-sentence.

"You'll find out," Kinjal said, and left it at that.

Suddenly, a man wearing an all black suit walked in. "Porifia, the boss is calling you." I turned around and followed him out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two women and Kinjal also followed behind me, and we walked out of the big building into another one. How the fuck did people find their way around here. This one was shaped like a lighthouse, just with multiple floors of rooms instead of just a winding staircase inside.
We walked up to the second story, and stepped out onto the balcony, where a man stood with his back facing us, wearing a white collared shirt under a grey sweater and black pants, a cup of coffee in his right hand and the other in his pocket.

Kinjal walked up to the man's left, and I walked up his right my head facing down. The two other women stood behind us silently.

"I heard you didn't want to work here?" he asked, and I whipped my head up at the blunt question before turning away to avoid eye contact. "I'd like for you to be here and be happy."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "Bullshit," I muttered.

He chuckled. "Ah about your sister, as promised I'll make sure everything is taken care of."

"If you really want me to a bodyguard here, they I have to be in charge of these two." I pointed a finger at the two women standing behind us. The two of them stiffened and looked at each other. I winked at them and turned to the man. "Well?"

Kinjal and the man laughed. He walked up and patted me on the shoulder. "Well, you've got guts. That's good." He gave it a second of thought before answering. "Alright. Right now Biata isn't at her best-"

The woman in the cast, Biata, interrupted. "But sir-" she stopped the second he turned to her, silencing her with a glance. "Consider it done. You all can leave, I'll be resting."

The man in the black suit, who had been standing by the door this whole time, so silent I had forgotten he was there, nodded once and motioned for us to walk out with him. Biata, the other woman and I all filed out.

A/N : Bro I gotta apologize for the late releases of chapters I'm in a vacation and the wifi is so in and off I'm sorry 😖👌