23 - Porifia

Kinjal

After that unexpected and extremely random excursion, I dried off and changed into the grey tracksuit which Pieta told me is basically the only other outfit option apart from a suit for us bodyguards

After that unexpected and extremely random excursion, I dried off and changed into the grey tracksuit which Pieta told me is basically the only other outfit option apart from a suit for us bodyguards. She led me through a hallway into a different lobby, similar to the very first one I had seen, but with desks lined up with people behind them, either reading through a file or typing on a tablet.

"I believe you now. You boss is way more psychotic than mine," I said shaking my head in disbelief.

How does someone even think of a 'punishment' that weird?

She shook her head and motioned for me to stop walking and come closer. I leaned in and she spoke up into my ear. "Hear me out."

"About what?"

"When Ms.Tais was little, she got kidnapped. She was traumatized from that, that's why she's a bit..." she trailed off, not finishing her sentence but I got what she meant. Weird. Strange. Insane. Anything related to having a few screws loose.

I raised my eyebrows. "She's definitely more than a bit weird."

"It's not just her though. The whole family is a bit different." She paused before whispering the last word.

"Why are we whispering?" I asked, whisper-screaming back.

She hit my arm. "Just be careful about what you say. Word spreads quickly in this house."

I patted her shoulder. "Well, I definitely believe you about the whole family being weird, that's for sure. You're weird too," I added, laughing at her. She looked worried at the fact that I had stopped whispering, as if one of them was going to come up behind me this exact second and bust me. I stepped forward to walk up to one of the counter's but she pulled my arm back. "What happened now?"

"But Ms.Kinjal is the least weird. That's why Mr.Kostas let her be the one that took over for him. If it weren't for her, the whole family would be screwed." She patted my back after finishing what seemed to be her version of a horror story, and pushed me past the rows of desks through another door. The room was bare save for one long black table in the very back, and a lady standing behind it. We crossed the (creepily) empty room.

"Hello, what kind of weapon would you like for today?" the lady asked.

"Hi," Pieta said smiling and then motioned for me to look at the computer screen she had turned to face us. "Choose one."

I grinned. It felt like I had fallen into a video game as I scrolled through the list of weapons. Guns of all shapes and sizes were cataloged with pictures and complicated names.

Pieta laughed at the look of excitement on my face. She took my hand off the screen and scrolled up a bit. "You're new right, a glock should be good." She turned to the lady. "A glock for her please."