Chapter 2:School Check ups

Freddie James May:17,John Richard Taylor:19

George Michael:17,Jim Seamous Hutton:17,Paul Prenter:19,

Seamous Hutton(Jim's Dad/Barber):35, Roger:37, Brian:39

...............

November 5th 1980,Friday.

I have School today, i pulled on a hoodie that has a teddy bear on it,my jeans and trainers.I brushed my Teeth.

.......................

"Freddie bear!", Dad Called. I went downstairs, "yes Dad?",i say. He gave me 'that Look ', "Oh please tell me its not today",i beg. "i'm Sorry bear, its today, check ups at school", he says. "then i'm not going to school!",i argue. "you really don't realise do you?Your father who you are currently arguing with is a dentist, i will make you come to the clinic to get a check up there", Dad says.

I let out a defeated whimper. Dad Hugged me. "love you",i say quietly. "I love you too Teddy bear", i got a kiss to the forehead. Dad got his Fiancee, they dragged me to the car. I was dropped off at school, I went to class, i have a boyfriend. Jim Hutton(17),we started dating yesterday.His Dad cuts my hair.

Then an announcement over the speaker started, "can all students from Forms 2C, 4A and 3F make their way to the auditorium for the yearly Dental Check ups", I whined to myself mentally, Jim and Myself are in the same form, there's a year between us, the school mixed the years together into the same form groups.

We're in Form 4A.

Me and Jim held hands while walking to the Auditorium, he hasn't met my parents yet. We Kissed outside the Auditorium, "i love you", He says. "I-I-I love you too!",i smile.It eventually got to me. My Dad and Step-dad smirked at me.

I turned around, started walking away when Dad says my full name.... "Freddie James May-Taylor", I started running. Of course Dad sent my Step-dad to try and catch me. I had left my Car parked in the school cark park, i slid into the drivers seat, drove off. I got home, ran to my room, shut and locked the door, i had a panic attack in my bedroom.

Crying in the Corner as i usually do when i have a panic attack, i made sure i stayed quiet. I wiped my tears away, stayed in the corner, made i was out of sight."Freddie, i know you're home, its okay to be scared!", Roger calls throughout the house, my bedroom door opened.I'm 17!I shouldn't be scared of the Dentist.

Roger found me in the corner of my room, bent down in front of me. "look at me", i brought my head up, he cupped my cheeks, softly wiped away the remaining tears."i know you're 17 but you can still be scared of the dentist", He says. "Its not that, its because Dad said my full name, no-one knew he was my dad, no-one knew my father is a dentist",i say. "let alone the fact, he's my dentist", Roger hugged me.

"you're not getting out of it",he says right after."i'm still going to Refuse",i say.He got up, Dad walked in with Dr Sanchez(Orthodontist),he's friends with Dad and Roger."what have you done This time?",He asked. I turned to face the corner and sulk. "Freddie James May-Taylor you're 17, get up and stop acting like you're 5!",Dad scolds.

Tears were already streaming down my cheeks."Freddie Get up before i put you over my shoulder and spank your tooshie",Dad Threatened. He sighed, bent down beside me, brought my head up, so i would look at him."Teddy",Dad says.

Dad Pulled me into a Hug, he rubbed my back softly, kissed my cheek."Are you generally absolutely terrified?", I nodded into his chest, Dad gently cupped my cheek, wiped away my tears, "Teddy, its okay to be scared, i've told you This, all you gotta do is tell me when you're scared", I nodded.