Foreward & One: The McPhee Siblings

FOREWORD

Welcome to the first book of my Hogwarts Mystery series with Jessamyn McPhee!

Considering how long it's taken me to do my Voldemort's daughter series one chapter at a time, I thought I'd try to wait it out with Jessamyn and only start posting when I finished the entire first book.. like a normal author.

But then, with 06/22/2022 being Melody Riddle's ten year anniversary since I first posted it on fanfiction.net, I felt the urge to actually get Jessamyn's first book posted along with Melody's sixth. (I've had Jessamyn's first chapter ready for over half a year already!)

In the time since I first started writing fanfiction and Melody Riddle came into being ten years ago today, my writing has drastically improved by milestones. There will be a big difference in descriptions and chapter length between Jessamyn's first book and Melody's, which only indicates the amount of change my writing has gone through.

On to more important matters...

Jessamyn's first ever introduction was in Melody's fifth book (and she has more appearances coming in the sixth), which is nice and all, but it reveals where she is in her life already — which I say as just a warning for anyone who doesn't want that kind of spoiler yet, and for those who don't like reading Voldemort's daughter fanfics anyway (because I do understand that to some this is, most times, a big no-no).

Another warning is the three additional characters added to Jessamyn's story that are NOT in the Hogwarts Mystery game. Because it's all headcanon anyway, it's important for me to add them, which I can also understand may not be what anyone else wants to see or be confused by in a Hogwarts Mystery fanfiction.

That being said, JC DOES do a LOT of side quests for the main character — a multitude of which one cannot possibly do ALL of on top of Cursed Vaults — so I do mean for a few of these additional characters to take her place in certain ones... though they will more than likely just be mentioned in passing as this series is solely from Jessamyn's perspective.

The three characters are as follows:

Ash Z — belonging to @Acheron5
Cassandra Santacruz — belonging to @CamilleHintonSavigne
And last, but definitely not least, Seraphina Selwyn — belonging to @LokisPuppet

I hope you enjoy what I have in store, and as always... "Mischief Managed."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

A walk down memory lane,

revealing my origins as the younger

sister of the infamous Jacob McPhee,

Curse-Breaker extraordinaire.

She is so tiny.

That was all nine-year old Jacob McPhee could think as he held his newborn sister gently in his arms. Rather than looking adorable like both his parents claimed, she looked more like an overgrown, pink, shriveled-up raisin to him. That didn't stop him, however, from feeling strong emotions while looking over her frail body.

The ordeal he and his parents had gone through to get to St. Mungo's Hospital to deliver her was one he'd not soon forget. His mum had just about broken down from pain in front of all of his friends, and his dad dictated everything he'd needed to help do for her before they set off.