Chapter 72: Love Will Find A Way

Who hasn't been hurt by the actions or words of the person you love? Every person in love could get hurt. When we love someone unconditionally, even the small change in them could hurt us to the core. When we are in a relationship, it makes us vulnerable to sensitivity.

According to psychologist Daniel Dowling, "There was a reason you came together, and there's a reason you are moving apart. Acknowledge the good, the bad, and the beautiful from your time together and know that it all served an important purpose in both of your lives."

And so we forgive, but forgiveness doesn't mean what happened was OK. It just means that you have made peace with the pain, and you are ready to let it go. It is the attribute of the strong.

AIKA

I was awakened by Enzo's soft sobs. I felt his hand grip mine, at dahil naka yuko sya at humihikbi sa tabi ko, my heart softened.

"E-Enzo..." I called his attention.

He slowly turned to me. He chewed his lip. His eyes were red and glistening as tears welled in them.

And with a cracked and quavering voice, he said, "Mahal, I'm so sorry... Ang gago ko!! I'm really, really sorry. Please forgive me..."

And with that, he reached for me and hugged me tightly.

I could smell alcohol in his breath, kahit na ang bango bango pa rin nya. The perfume and alcohol scent made me want to hug him more.

Enzo was frustrated. Ramdam ko nanginginig ang kanyang katawan habang niyayakap nya ako ng mahigpit.

"I'm so sorry. Mahal... I'm sorry" ang paulit ulit nyang sinasambit.

I slightly pushed him away para makaharap ko sya at makausap.

Marami akong gustong sabihin sa kanya. Marami akong tanong sa aking isipan.

I really want to know kung ano ang totoong nararamdaman nya sa kalagayan namin ngayon.

Because the Enzo I know will honestly tell me what is on his mind...

The Enzo I love will put me above all else...

And the Enzo I will marry will not let things get worst...

"Mahal, look at me. Tell me, ano ba talaga ang naramdaman mo?" I said softly.

He is still sobbing.

"I'm sorry. I was just scared. Having a baby right away wasn't part of our plan. But Mahal, don't get me wrong. Masaya ako and I am overwhelmed at the same time. Forgive me for acting like a total asshole."

"Pag-usapan natin to, Mahal. I want to know what you really feel and think about this. Kasi sa totoo lang, I'm scared too. But we can't just ignore this. Kung ayaw mo sa baby na to, just let me know. Hindi naman kita pipilitin sa mga ayaw mo."

There I said it! Stress na stress na ako buong araw for the turn of events so I couldn't control my emotions na rin. I also need to let this out kasi ang sikip sikip na dibdib ko.

"No, no no! Mahal. Hindi sa ganun. Shit! I'm sorry for making you feel like that. Of course, I want our baby. I love our baby and I love you more for that. Ang gago ko lang talaga at napangunahan ako ng takot."

Enzo reached for my tummy and caressed it. My heart leaped with joy pero ayoko kung maging marupok. Ayoko ko rin na ginagawa lang ni Enzo eto sa akin because of my situation. More than that, I need him to be honest with me.

"If you are just saying this because napipilitan ka lang, you don't need to pretend, Mahal. Alam mo na pwede kang maging totoo sa akin ano mang oras and I will still understand you."