Chapter 3 - So that's why I'm adopted

Chapter 3- So that's why I'm adopted 

~Sophia's point of view~ 

All my attention shifted to Harry. He was biting his lip. 

"I heard mum talking to Dad about it once," He said. He broke our eye contact as if he felt gulty or like he shouldn't be telling me. I continued to stare at him expectantly. 

"Maybe you should just ask mum," He said quietly, still looking at the floor. I got up and went to sit next to him. 

"Harry, please, I want to know. I need to know!" I whispered. His eyes rejoined mine and he gulped again. 

"I can't tell you now, Mum might hear. I promise I'll tell you later," He said. I nodded. Then Anne and Robin came back in. Anne smiled warmly at me. She put the tray on the table. Gemma, Anne and Robin took a cup of tea but there were three glasses of coke on the tray too. 

"I figured you might like coke instead of tea?" Anne said to me. I thanked her and took the glass. She studied me for a while. 

"You're ever so quiet love, are you okay?" She asked. I nodded.

"I just miss my family and friends," I said, truthfully. Anne nodded as if she understood. Then her eyes lit up as she had an idea. 

"Why don't Harry , Gemma and Louis take you for a walk around for a while, see if you can meet some new friends," She suggested. 

"I can't mum, I've got things to do, sorry," Gemma said and went upstairs to her room. Anne looked at Harry and he nodded. Then he and Louis stood up and gestured for me to go with the,. I quickly dashed upstairs to put on my blue hollister cardigan and blue vans. Then I ran back down the stairs, stuffing my phone in my pocket. Louis and Harry were stood in the doorway, waiting for me. When they saw me they smiled. 

"Bye then guysm see you later," Anne called and Harry made his way out of the door, Louis following. I shut the door behind me and walked down the drive with me. There was silence for a while before I spotted a park and started to walk towards it. The boys took the hint and walked with me. 

"So, Harry. Please can you tell me why I'm adopted?" I asked, breaking the silence. Harry's head snapped to face me and he stared at me for a while. 

"Okay, I'll just tell you what I remember," He started. I nodded, biting my lip. 

"Well, Mum was talking to dad about how much she regretted giving you up. Then dad said, she'll have a better life now. And mum said that she wished she hadn't given you just for the small reason of you having suspected learning difficulties, and she wished she hadn't listened to the nurses." 

~Harry's point of view~ 

Telling the story to my little sister made me remember the day I'd heard about her. 

** Flashback- 10 years earlier**

Harry peeked through the small opening of the kitchen door and watched as his mother cried and his father comforted her. He wanted to go and give her a hug but it didn't feel like the right moment. He did however want to know why his dear mother was crying, so he listened. 

"Des, I just wish I'd kept her. She would be five now, five, she would be best friends with Harry and she would do girly things with Gemma," Then Anne stopped and started to cry again. Harry wondered who his mum was talking about. 

"Yes, but Anne. None of this is your fault. The nurses told you they were 99% sure she had a learning difficulty and it would be best if you gave her up and she's have the proper care she needed," Des tried to comfort Anne, but it wasn't working.