Chapter Two

A Faint Call For Help

Thank you to Isabela205368 for the idea of this chapter!

Delores has always had mixed feelings on her gift. I mean who else would like to be able hear your friends taking crap about you when you're gone, or hear stuff you wish you didn't hear? Well at least now she had a soundproof room and she didn't need to hear everything while she's in there, along with her soundproof room she had some ear muffs made for her by Mirabel that made it more barebel to hear things. But recently she had misplaced them so she was stuck with all the noise of the encanto.

At the dinner table she was poking her food as they waited for Camilo and Mirabel to get home. They should have been back, where are they?

" Delores could you please listen in on your brother and cousin to make sure the two are alright?" Alma said looking in her direction

Delores flinched as she was snaped out of her thoughts and placed a hand behind her hear and tilts her head to the side a bit. Her Neutral expression changed to one of confusion and she raised a brow.
" hmm" she said tapping her head to see if she had something stuck in her ears.
" I can't hear them...." she said looking over to everyone.

Pepa began to anxiously stroke her hair and looks at her with a worryed glance
"what do you mean you can't hear them? You can hear everything " she asked

Delores stood up and went to a window and leans her head out to try and hear them again and that's when she heard it. It was very faint but she was sure of it.
"..Camilo and mirabel are.....lost..they are far...I can hardly hear them..." she said becoming just as anxious as her mother.

" They are what?! We need to go after them, what if something happens to my baby? She could get killed out there!" Julieta said standing up and panicking

A dark cloud appears above Pepa and Felix held her close as she began to panic
" So can Camilo, who knows how good his magic can be if he's far from Encanto, we need to get them back!" Pepa said as her cloud began to grow to make it rain inside and outside the house.

Alma stood up and put her hands on her daughters shoulders " Calm down we'll get them safe and sound"

Isabela shook her head and crossed her arms.
" And how do you suppose we go about doing so? My sister is stuck in the middle of stars know where, and it's going to get dark. How do you expect us to be calm?!" She said as a few vines grow around them.

Bruno gasped and lightly pulls on his hair.
" Ah, what if something gets them? Like an animal o-or la madremonte or something worse!" He said also panicking.

Antonio gasped " What no! I want to see my brother and cousin again!" He said beginning to cry.

Pepa glares at Bruno and took Antonio into her arms.
" Bruno you aren't helping, and la madremonte won't go after them, she goes after unfaithful husband's and as for anything else....let's just focus on a plan ok?"

Antonio looks up at his mother and tears up more.
"Wait is la madremonte real?!" He said crying more.

Luisa picks him up as Pepa began to regret her choice of words.
" Uh mabey? We don't know she'd just some old folklore." She said

Alma shook her head
" Oh all of the creatures are not just old folklore, they are as real as the magic we all possess, that includes la Madremonte, but like your mother said, she only goes after those who threaten the woods and unfaithful husband's,  if anything she might guide them....hopefully..., mirabel has a connection with nature, not as much as Isabela but some, lets just hope it's enough, now everyone let's think of a plan to get them both back safe and sound!"

Short but sweet, stars I love Colombian folklore , I look forward to doing more research of it so I can make this as accurate as possible and enjoyable as well!