28 days

Future

I'm back from school we didn't do anything special today.

  Everyone acted as though what happened with jhon never happened. I take my jacket from the palace I work until 9 p.m. on the evening . The palace is very big, I'm in the basement, it's the ABC's club and on the second floor the K&K's are there. I am a waitress just in the basement but my friend Taylor is in charge of the two floors.

" how is school?"  she is also 6 years older than me.

  "the school is wonderful and I study in enriched I'm not complaining but this school is so depressing" I say exhausted. 

Taylor washes the counter while I mix cocktails.

"And you, how is life?".

"you are everywhere but this job is not well paid enough. I am thinking of leaving"

surprise I give him a look of incomprehension

"oh what are you going to do then?". 

"I have a 7 years old little boy I am struggling with the bills at the moment. His father is an alcoholic and does not work. I am alone in life on only one salary. I am seriously thinking of selling my body. A friend of mine told me that it was very well paid".

"Taylor..... I'm nobody to tell you that but I don't think it's a good idea"

"Elizabeth what do you want me to do so it's at the limit of being on the street....  it's my only option I didn't study , I got pregnant very young and I'm black what future I have seriously?"

I'm moved I have no idea

"I know..... I'm no one to tell you what to do but...." 

A customer breaks the discussion by asking us to drink.  she doesn't come back to the subject anymore but I can't stop thinking about what she said. My mother was exactly like her without a future yet even if I know why she became.

I also know that it destroys me  and destroys our relationship.  The palace is quickly filled with high-ranking people who come here every day to take advantage of the women and drink the prostitutes come out and it's party time. 

Sex everywhere

Brad comes up to me

"hi!  am I bothering you?"  he smiles at me slightly my heart stops. 

"No, not at all, I was going to finish my service" I said, licking my lips. 

Why I'm doing this?

"so we can drink something?" he said. 

He wears wide pants pulled down on his buttocks and an open oversized jacket and a toque. I swallow my saliva and shake my head slightly.  We are in a of the palace I finished my service we ordered a drink.

  "Tell me about your day Elizabeth!". 

Why I liked him before he was very attentive he always liked to hear me .

"nothing special in real life the studies are difficult but for the moment it's ok and I'm with Carla so everything is fine I don't feel so alone!". 

he takes my hand, I feel a wave of heat go up my spine.  I smiled at him nervously

"I'm glad you like it, to tell the truth I was worried about you". 

"should not...."  I look at his hand still resting on mine and so does he.

  "I miss you..."