Chapter 3

Percy

That night, I opened the front window to look outside. The girl, Annabeth, had told me she would start school Monday at Goode High. Figures. A girl my age steps into my life and I can't even befriend her.

Ever since my step dad was put in jail, I would have these weird panic attacks. Sometimes in the middle of school. No one would be friends with me because, well, from someone else's perspective, it was freaky. In the beginning, it was tough for a young thirteen-year-old when Gabe left and I started with the panic attacks. But as I grew older, I didn't care about having friends anymore.

I was just another loner.

No, I was not even a loner. Even the loners stayed away from me.

I sighed and looked back out the window. What I saw was Annabeth. Her window was across from mine, and it was wide open. She was walking around her room, placing things down and picking things up. She didn't know I was watching her.

Shut up, I'm not a stalker.

But I didn't see her for long. She shut the curtains and I was left staring at the sky.

* * *

The next morning, the beginning of Perfect Weapon by Black Veil Brides woke me up. In case you didn't know, the beginning of Perfect Weapon is screaming.

I shut off my alarm and rolled out of bed. I had fifteen minutes to leave the house.

I threw a sweatshirt on and slipped into my jeans. Then, I trudged downstairs and grabbed a blue pancake from the dining table. Don't ask why they were blue. I usually made myself a lunch, but I was running late.

I left the house with just enough time to walk to school. Surprise, Annabeth Chase was walking down the street just ahead of me. She was staring at something in her hand, probably her phone. She must've heard me behind her because she turned around.

"Oh, hey, Percy," she said, stopping so I could catch up.

"Uh, hey."

"Can I walk with you? I'm afraid I'll get lost on my way to school."

What could I say? I didn't want to scare her away, but I didn't want her to be disappointed by pathetic me. "Uh, sure."

She smiled. "Thanks, Percy. Because I basically have no idea where the school is. And the Map app isn't very helpful." She gestured to her iPhone.

"No problem." Awkward silence. "So what classes do you have?"

"Er," she looked at her phone again. "History, then Honor's English, then Science. Gym, then Lunch, and Architecture. Then I have Free Period and Honor's Maths."

"Oh wow. I have the same classes, except basic Math and English. And I have Marine Life studies instead of Architecture."

"Oh cool," Annabeth said. "You like Marine life?"

"Um, sure, you could say that."

"Well I'm a sucker for architecture and emo bands," she shrugged. I raised an eyebrow. She didn't seem like the type to listen to emo music.

"Seriously?"

Annabeth gave me a little shove. "Don't give me that look," she said.

(A\N)

BVB!!! Perfect Weapon is rly good in my opinion. But some ppl dont do metal. LIKE ANDY BIERSACK IS GORGEOUS LOOK HIM UP.

YAY 200 READS IN TWO DAYS IM VERY HAPPY AF

SORRY FOR SO MANY BAMD REFERENCES BUT I WANTED TO PORTRAY PERCABETH AS EMOS OKAY. THEY'LL LESSEN AS TIME GOES ON SO CHILL.