𝟎𝟑.

"ah traveler! you've improved so much since our last battle~ i'm so impressed. but don't think i'll go easy on you just because of that."

the taunts from the much too familiar 'foe' was beginning to annoy traveler. how in the fuck did they end up fighting childe yet again? they were so worn out of this shit show and just wanted to enjoy a peaceful time traversing with a cheeky detective until they eventually would run into the balladeer.

this was probably just going to cause more trouble for heizou who was already tracking scaramouche who the traveler actually had interest in fighting to exact revenge for teppei.

"can't we just hold off the theatrics and drama for like five god damn minutes childe?! i'm literally in the middle of a commission to find the harbinger who betrayed your entire organization and you stalling me wouldn't look very good in the eyes of the tsaritsa now would it?"

"but you already know i don't care for those things! i just want to fight a strong opponent ahaha!"

"i'll make you a deal, we can do this little tea party after i finish this commission? i don't really want heizou dying over my incompetence."

"who's this heizou? are they good at fighting?"

"childe, he's a fucking detective. not everyone i interact with are battle crazed idiots like you."

and that is how the following events went down with the traveler. after being kidnapped by childe for another sparring match they managed to negotiate for another time they found themselves stuck taking the harbinger with them to find the detective and the rouge balladeer. who had already met one and other, not that the traveler,paimon and childe were made aware of such a fact.

"paimon would've preferred you not tag along! ugh! even traveler doesn't seem happy about this childe!"

"ahahaha! i can't let them go running off after their commission especially after they made their word to me."

they were going to start yet a meaningless argument poor traveler would be stuck listening to in one ear for the rest of the trip.

and so traveler decided then and there they'd prefer heizou and paimon squabbling rather than the latter that was now taking place.

───────

gee i wonder where those two ran off to, must be having the time of their lives to be gone so long.' heizou thought to himself continuing his journey by his lonesome. he too found himself wanting the company of the screechy pixie and the close to mute traveling partner.

he found himself considering even the balladeers company wouldn't be half bad right now.

. . .

shouldn't ever mention that to the shogun or the male himself.

heizou couldn't understand the fixation and interest scaramouche had peaked in him. was it simply because he needed to track him? no, probably not. it more felt like a general attraction to his appearance and personality.

did he even want to turn in the balladeer? or was he happy on this whole wild goose chase conundrum if so, he had some weird fantasies. and the idea was childish in itself, he couldn't be so selfish neither the shogun or the balladeer himself would let heizou have his way.

heizou really had bad taste or else being completely delusional and misreading his own feelings. instead of confronting said feelings he decided to shove the whole ordeal to the back of his head and never speak of it.

maybe the commission wasn't going to be as enjoyable as he first thought it out to be.