💫 Ꮯꮋꭺꮲꭲꭼꭱ 1️⃣ 💫

It was nearly midnight on a Thursday night in the small town of Riverdale also known as the Town With Pep

Being as late as it was, the only place that was currently still open was Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe.

The diner was always open 24/7 and it was often a common meeting place for the residents of the small town.

Hermione Gomez, formerly Lodge, was the only employee working on that particular night.

Truthfully though, the Latina actually enjoyed it whenever she was assigned the night shift at the diner.

It was usually always pretty quiet with the only customers being a random truck driver who was passing through and had stopped long enough for a cup of coffee or a quick bite before getting back on the road.

The Latina was currently seated in one of the red vinyl booths just enjoying the quiet when she was startled by the ringing of the bell over the door, indicating that someone had just entered the establishment.

To Hermione's surprise, the person who had just walked into the diner wasn't a truck driver.

It was a girl.

A girl with blonde hair who appeared to Hermione to possibly be just a few years younger than her own daughter, Veronica.

She also noticed that the girl was wearing what looked like some sort of uniform that reminded her of the one that her long-time best friend Alice had described to her in detail after she had returned to Riverdale from her time at The Sisters of Quiet Mercy, a group home for 'troubled youth' back when they were both still in high school.

Hermione had been outraged to say the least when she'd first learned that Alice had basically been forced into going to the Sisters by her then boyfriend and later husband Hal Cooper as well as her own parents after they'd discovered that she was pregnant at only 17 years old.

The blonde had remained at the Sisters for nearly 6 months until she had given birth to her son Charles who ended up being ripped from her arms just mere moments later.

The saddest thing about the whole thing was the fact that FP Jones, Charles's father and one of Hermione's oldest and dearest friends still had no idea that he'd ever fathered a child with Alice.

Pulling herself from her thoughts, Hermione rose from her seat and made her way towards the girl who was still standing by the door.

It seemed like she was trying to decide whether or not she should stay or turn around and walk right back out the door she had just come through moments before.

"Hi there, sweetie. Can I help you?"

The girl startled slightly at the sound of Hermione's voice and took a couple of steps backward, her back bumping against the door frame as she did so.

The Latina could see the immense fear in the young girl's chocolate brown eyes which seemed so familiar to her although at that particular moment she couldn't place where she knew them from.

"It's okay, sweetie. I won't hurt you, okay? You're safe here, I promise."

The girl looked up at Hermione and it was then that she truly realized that the latter was somehow that someone she knew.

"Aunt-Auntie Mione? Is that really you?"

The Latina let out a very loud gasp. Only one person had ever called her by the name 'Auntie Mione' before.

"Oh my god. Amelia?!?"

A/N: Please feel free to leave a vote and/or comment below and let me know what you think of this chapter and this story as a whole so far.

Hope that you all have an amazing day/afternoon/night wherever you may be and please stay safe!!
🥰🥰🥰

Hope that you all have an amazing day/afternoon/night wherever you may be and please stay safe!!🥰🥰🥰