chapter 5

Time skip to when adrien comes home from school

"How was your day?" Gabriel asked as he picked up his soup spoon.

Adrien hid the threatening grin as he recalled the plot that Alya was cooking up. "It was fun. The teachers were all pretty relaxed on the last day of term, so for most classes we ended up doing some kind of game which is vaguely related to the subject; like in Science, we had a Christmas tree-shaped buzzer game."

"Er … pardon?"

"Where you move a wire wand around a wire frame without touching the wires, or you set the buzzer off."

"Oh, one of them, I think we use to have one when you were little, who won?"

"Marinette, she has very steady hands. Only got buzzed once, and that was when she saw me watching her; I think I put her off." Adrien paused. "Um, talking of my friends … I was wondering if I could invite a few of them over during the holiday? Not necessarily on Christmas, but sometime around it.

 It was so awesome having them join us last year, I'm not asking for the whole class and all their parents," he added quickly. "Just a few people."

Adrien didn't miss Gabriel's hesitation, or his glance at Nathalie. Nor did he miss her tiny encouraging nod.

Thanks, Alya, Well played, he whispered to himself.

"Very well, as long as it's only a few, and if their parents agree."

Adrien grinned. Operation: Mistletoe was officially on, "thanks father".