[01]

A boy in his early twenties slowly opened his heavy eyelids only to discover he was in a familiar room. A very familiar one to be precise.

The boy was had no energy left in him, he could only observe the room with his slight blurry vision, moving his eyeballs.

"So you finally decided to wake up."

He knew the voice very well. He knew who that voice belonged to. Oh how can he even forget that voice...

He could hear the footsteps getting louder and he could finally see the man's face in front of him. Though he didn't have a clear sight but he was sure that man had a huge smirk on his proud face.

"You should've listened to me, darling. I told you not to involve her, it wouldn't end well. But that's fine now, love. We are good, aren't we?"

The boy could only stare at the man in front of him. He could feel his vision getting more blurry perhaps it was because his eyes were getting wet.

He couldn't do anything. He was helpless. Oh what did he expect? He knew he couldn't escape this man in front of him, he knew why this man was doing all of this to him, yet he decided to ask one more time, hoping things could be changed.

"W-why are y-you doing t-this to me?"

He could barely ask with his dried throat only to get a chuckle in return as if he asked something funny.

"You know it all but looks like you've forgotten everything. No worries darling, let me remind you, you are here for your actions, for the things I've told you not to do. Things could be really beautiful darling but you chose it this way. Now tell me, is it really my fault that you had to dare go against my words and make me do that? Huh?"

He was spellbound, he couldn't find any words to utter. So now it's his fault? All those years cherishing his dreams, starving for days to save money to afford coming to seoul for audition, working relentlessly just to make his dream come true and this is how it ends?

He was so engrossed with his thoughts that he didn't even realize that the man was now in front of him, crouching down to his level, staring down at his soul intensively only to let his fingers hold the area around his ear, rather harshly.

"You didn't reply, honey"

The man seemed to read his fearful eyes questioning him so he said again,

"Oh my, precious little star, is it really my fault that you're in this situation when you could come here as my king?"

Once again he stayed silent but this only seemed to have angered the man even more as he pressed on his left cheek with his hand.

"Answer me!"

"N-no"

Came out as an immediate answer as he slowly shook his head. And the answer satisfied the man as he retreated his hand and stood back up.

"Very well. I hope I don't see you blaming me for this later, honey. Now take rest, I'll check up on you after some time. "

With that being said, the man took slow steps to get out of the room and slammed the door shut with a bang.

Tears streamed down on the boy's face. He never expected his life would turn like this. Only if he knew, he'd never choose this way of life.

He kept wishing in his mind, only if he hadn't met him, his life would never be like this. He regrets everything but what can he do now?

Only time will tell...