Chapter Five

{Time Skip ~ One Week ~ Three Days Later ~ Shiori's POV}

"Mama?" The sound of the small male voice brought me from my thoughts. Turning to smile at my youngest son.

"What is it, Menma?" I placed the towel I had in my hands, on the counter. The ten year old grinned, holding out his hands. Inside, was a Leaf Genin headband. "Congratulations, baby. You're a ninja now!" I crouched in front of him and pulled him into a bear hug.

"Mom~" He laughed when I started squishing his cheeks.

"You're so big now, Menma! My baby's growing up so fast!" I slapped a big sloppy kiss to my sons cheek, ignoring his groan of protest. "Have you shown dad?"

"He was in a meeting with Uncle Kakashi and Uncle Sasuke when I went. It was serious, so I left." Menma huffed out a breath, his adorable little face contorted into a frown.

"Come on, I'm sure he's done by now. Let's go show him." I stood and took Menma's hand before making a hand sign and 'poofing' to the Hokage building, right outside Naruto's office.

I took hold of the doorknob and twisted, pushing the door open. Pulling Menma with me, I stepped inside the office, where Naruto was sitting alone, in his chair behind the desk with his head in his hands.

"Naruto," his name escaped, just above a soft whisper. My blonde looked up, sadness and irritation in his blue eyes, until they settled on our son.

"Hey, guys." He stood up and maneuvered around the desk. "What's up?"

"Menma has something to show you," I pushed the red headed boy forward. Grinning, he held out his headband.

"I passed!"

"Good job, kiddo." Naruto ruffled his hair, smiling as best he could to show he was proud. "Why don't you go find Minato and show him." Menma nodded furiously before bolting out the window.

Slowly moving forward, I stopped right in front of Naruto as he leaned back against his desk. "What's wrong?" Naruto sighed, his hands settling on my hips, pulling toward him.

"They couldn't find her," he muttered, his head dropping to my shoulder. "Kiba couldn't even get a scent. Neither could Kakashi."

I leaned against his warmth as the information washed over me.

"We'll keep looking, but-"

Naruto was cut off as the door to his office was kicked open. There stood Sasuke, with Kisa in his arms, and an unfamiliar man behind him.

§¤¤{Kisa's POV}¤¤§

After a long journey, we finally made it to Konoha. We barely stepped inside the gate before I slipped from Ichiro's back.

"You alright, princess?" Ichiro asked, his voice full of concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine." His hand settled on my shoulder as my legs wobbled beneath me.

My eyes darted to the guard booth. Both Izumo and Kotetsu were passed out, drool falling down their chins.

Shrugging off Ichiro's hand, I stalked toward the booth, then slammed my hands down on the top of the desk. Both men jumped. "You idiots! It's not nap time!"

They rubbed their eyes, and stared at me. "Kisa..."

"Does Lord Hokage know you're back?" Kotetsu narrowed his eyes while nodding to Izumo, who disappeared a moment later.

"I just got back." I scowled. "Where did you send Izumo?" I changed the subject easily.

"He went to get Sasuke."

My eyes widened, just as my legs gave out beneath me. I was going to hit the ground, but arms caught me and lifted me bridal style.

"Where have you been, Kisa?" I sighed, not bothering to look up at my uncle. "We were worried."

"I'm fine....." I crossed my arms over my chest, trying to avoid my uncle's gaze as he checked me over for injuries. "Ichiro took good care of me."

"Ichiro?" Uncle Sasuke repeated the black haired males name, making said male freeze as my uncle's gaze snapped his way. "I see. You, come."

With that said, Uncle Sasuke turned and started toward the Hokage building.

"I can walk, ya know." I huffed angrily. I really didn't want to deal with dad, even though I have to.

"Don't lie, Kisa. What would your mother say?" I cringed at the thought.

It wasn't long before we were in front of dad's office. Uncle kicked open the door, revealing my parents, mom wrapped up in dad's arms.

"Kisa!" Mom reacted first, her eyes filling with tears as Uncle set me down on the couch. Mom was at my side in an instant, checking me over.

"Where did you find her?" Dad moved so he was standing beside Uncle Sasuke.

"She was at the main gate. Izumo came and got me. There was a man with her-" Uncle cut himself off as he turned to where Ichiro had been. But he was gone.

"Kisa, does it still hurt?" Mom gently touched my stomach. Shaking my head, I frowned. Where did Ichiro go?

************

Short Chappy! The Next one will be longer~

Ja ne, loves~