Chapter 11

When Zoe left I returned to the big house and briefed Chiron on the situation with the God Maker.

"Hades" Chiron cursed, "The God Maker was a rumour, more than a rumour it was a myth"

"Not anymore" I replied, "I'm going after it"

He nodded, "I can think of no one better suited"

"If I don't return" I told him, "Percy, Annabeth, Thalia... make sure they're okay"

With a nod he brought me in for a hug, "Be careful brother. This quest will be tougher than any other"

As I exited the hug and walked away I smirked at him, "Oh I'm counting on it"

Before I departed I walked into the Hephaestus cabin, "Beckendorf!" I yelled, "I was told you had something for me!"

The boy came around the corner carrying a small metal case, "Hansard" He exclaimed, "Good to see you"

He placed the case down and grinned at me, "When Chiron told me you were coming back, he asked me to build something"

Opening the case he revealed a bracelet with three charms on it. A lightning bolt, a trident and a pitchfork, "Guessing it's more than meets the eye?"

"You'll see" He chuckled handing it to me. I wrapped it around my wrist and nodded at the boy, "Thanks Charlie"

"Don't mention it" He answered,

I was walking away when I remembered something from my last visit, "Hey Charlie" I called over my shoulder, "How's Selena?"

"Fuck off" He answered whilst flipping me off at the same time,

I laughed as I left the room and headed towards the Poseidon cabin. Entering I was met with Thalia and Percy talking on the bed, "I don't know what to do Perce, I don't know how to help her"

"Yes you do Thals" He responded, "Hansard raised us both. I'm guessing he gave you the same lessons as me, so you know exactly what you're doing"

I saw her nod, "Maybe"

"You do Pinecone face" He argued, "You have the experience, the power, the skill. Those titans better be afraid of what the daughter of Zeus is going to do"

She chuckled and hugged him, "Thanks Seaweed brain"

"Anytime Sparky"

"Oh your gonna make your old man cry" I chuckled announcing my presence to the two demigods,

They snapped to my direction, smiling at me, "What's up?"

"I'm leaving" I told them, "That other mission I told you about. It's started"

"Then I'll go too" Percy argued, "I can't go on this quest so I'll come with you"

I shook my head, "You can't. You know what you need to do" I reminded him,

Nodding he pulled me in for a hug, "I'll see you on the other side, old man"

"Old man?" I laughed, "Who the hell are you calling old?"

He walked out of his own cabin so I could talk to Thalia,

"Bring our girl home?" I asked her,

She nodded, "And I'll bring yours home too"

I blushed at her words, "Forgot you knew about that"

"I'll see you soon Papa bear" he said,

"See you soon"

-- Flashback --

5 years...

"Hansard where are yo-" Zoe called out walking into her tent. Only to be met with emptiness.

On her bed lay a letter with her name on it in Hansard's hand writing.

Tentatively she picked it up and opened it, her eyes teared up as she read it,

Princess,

Gods I don't know where to begin. I never wanted to be in this position, saying goodbye. But I don't have a choice. You are the most beautiful, clever and determined woman I have ever met. I know you'll hate me for this, I highly doubt you'll ever forgive me.

I've left, I don't know how long for. Something came up and I had to go, had to take care of something that couldn't wait.

But just know this, I love you Zoe Nightshade. I love every bit of you. Even when you threaten to castrate me, or murder me, or anything else you do.

So it pains me more than anything to say goodbye. But know this, I will be back.

One day.

And you can be damn well sure I'll get you back.

Because I love you. Always.

Yours, forever,

Hansard