one

I wasn't showing any attention to my friend, while she was talking about the guy I cared least about in this world. 

Her boyfriend, or well, it was more like a toxic relationship. "Hello, are you even listening to me?", offended, Carla snapped her fingers in front of my face. I still wasn't listening, I wasn't even facing her. 

My eyes were glued to someone else, someone I want to look at every single minute again. I managed to grab my attention back at my best friend Carla. 

She was my best friend since as long as I can remember. Carla gave me her lunch at the age of five because my parents forgot to make it for me. We shared her mozzarella sandwich, and the next thing I know, we were inseparable. 

Her parents were like my second parents, and I was always welcome at their house. "Yep, I'm still here. Sorry, I didn't have attention for you", I muttered out, leaning forwards to her, so I could make sure I wasn't distracting myself again.

She sighed before letting out a chuckle. We both wear our graduation uniforms, because yes, Carla and I both managed to pass high school. 

Finally. It seemed to take a hundred years. "Cayetana babe, listen to me. Will Damiano ask me to prom?", she went on and on about that Damiano dude. The most popular guy of senior year, now also wearing a graduation uniform. 

He and Carla were seeing each other for two months now, and by now, it was irritating me as fucked. All Carla was constantly talking about was him. Damiano this, Damiano that, and it sucked. He loved her, and I knew that. 

Damiano might be popular and a bad boy, but he did have a heart. And his heart was all for my best friend. Sometimes, when she talked about him, I felt bad. Carla doesn't love Damiano. She loves his fame. She loves his followers on Instagram. 

She loves his popularity. But she doesn't love him. "He will ask you to prom", I answered, sounding a bit annoyed.

"And you know I hate it when you call me Cayetana", I hissed at her, taking another sip from the ginger ale in my hands. I rolled a few times with my eyes, leaning backwards in my chair. 

Carla is my best friend, but ever since she was with Damiano, everything changed. With who am I supposed to go to prom with if she goes with him. Carla totally forgets about me, and the worst thing, she said my full name, which she never did. Now I'm really hurt.

The graduation ceremony would start in an hour, and now Carla and I were just waiting for her parents to arrive. "Sorry Caye, I'm just stressed he won't ask me, and I'm stressed my dress won't match his suit", she did sounded panicking, but my eyes were already somewhere else. 

I know Damiano well, he comes by at Carla her house all the time, even when we are having a sleepover.

He is in a band with three other students from this school, and today, everyone is graduating. He stood in the corner of the sports field, where the ceremony would be. 

His friends stood next to him, all with a cigarette between their lips. My eyes weren't glued on my friend's flirt, but on Ethan. He was as popular as Damiano was, and he always got all the girls attention, and still, he stole my breath. 

He had no clue about my existence, and even though, he lived in my heart, in my body and in my mind. The way his hands stroked through his long black hair. His muscular arms were clearly visible through the graduation uniform.