Chapter 34: A missing presence

In the afternoon they continue to practice with the wooden weapons while Kinsey is still on an unknown job, she doesn't want to reveal the real weapons yet as they are not ready yet or even reveal the new jobs she does... Pat watching Diana sparring with Tigress who seems to be bigger, the creature has grown to Diana's size. She has to give her lots of love and nourishment for Tigress to grow so big. He could see that even though Diana is human, Tigress loves being with her.

~!~

When Diana goes to see Taker in his bedroom, still asleep, she can't even smile or laugh. She misses Taker terribly, his eyes, his presence in the castle, his comforting words, his arms. She can't lie to herself. She is in love with Taker, a Calaway, someone who comes from the most powerful family in the country. She fell in love with him because he is with her, very kind and protective. But falling in love with someone different is an impossible love. They have nothing in common, not the same hobbies. She's just a "human" as people like him call people without powers. Despite his curse, that didn't stop her from falling in love with him.

Diana walks over to Taker's balcony and sees a circle forming in the middle of the village, people are standing, others are seated around Pat who is singing on the guitar, she smiles as she leans in, resting her elbows against the crawling from the balcony listening to Pat. Pat seems to be a big Lord, very close to people but Taker has something that attracts Diana. Pat is handsome, muscular, a nice smile but doesn't have the thing that Taker has.

~!~

The evening begins and everyone eats inside the castle as a sudden thunderstorm has announced itself outside. Pat and his men eating with Takers men laughing together, Diana and Kinsey talking to each other about clothes but Diana glancing at Taker's empty throne, missing his presence. Kinsey can't stop looking at Pat when his back is turned, she thinks he's cute and has really nice yellows, he's always been nice to her and would like to know more. Pat also briefly glances at Kinsey when her back is turned, wanting to get to know her as well.

~!~

The night is rainy, thunderstorms hit in the sky, the wind blows a lot. In Taker's room, the candles go out due to the wind entering the room. Taker's head twitches like he's having a nightmare, his brow furrows. Pat entered at this moment seeing Taker move briefly, he advanced towards him by putting his hand on his shoulder hoping that he wakes up but not. It's just spasms. He closed the window that opened because of the wind and took a chair to stand next to him then lit a candle. Taker still hasn't woken up, his goatee becoming almost a big beard, preferring not to touch it in case Taker wakes up. Pat takes Taker's hand and squeezes it, wanting his friend to squeeze his hand in his, he hopes Taker wakes up soon. His presence is missed by everyone.