Extra Chapter 7

Lyn sees the Shivan army outside of her house and watches the unusual events unfold. The Shivans don't truly seem to wish to harm anyone from Damesk. She meets with two soldiers, Andrea and Lucifer, who are married just like her. They begin to explain how the war caused both to grow closer together, which makes Lyn a bit envious. She devises a plan to go out and join Reich, even grabbing a sword to help with his fight. But when she gets denied access to the outside world, that sword goes from a slow way to boost her spirits to a quick way out of this dire situation.

Lyn: ...They're here...Yet they do nothing...They stay, but they don't call this home...They attacked, but they do not slay...They eat, but not of our blood and flesh...These people are savages by orders, yet...They are not savage at heart...I must know more...

Lyn walks out of her house, and she notices two soldiers talking to themselves.

Lyn: Excuse me...Pardon...I need to speak with you for a second...
Lucifer: Hmm? Are you from here or Shivar?
Lyn: Here. If you must whip me or slay me now for talking with you-
Andrea: Cut the somber theatrics...We are not here to harm a soul, otherwise we'd have littered said streets with bodies by now.
Lyn: Right...Well I...Uh...What is it you do here then..? Why not return to Shivar?
Lucifer: We were stationed here by Huban and he will not let us live should we show an "act of cowardice". But it is fine, because we have one another.
Andrea: My husband and I are well trained soldiers, and we did so to help one another should their plight be too dire to take on their own.
Lucifer: Indeed.
Lyn: Oh! I see...

Lyn thinks for a moment...

Lyn: I cannot believe how lucky these two are! They can flatter and flirt to each other's content, swooning compliments and giving praise...Oh how I wish to have the right to brag about Reich, but instead I had let my tears block him out...That is it, I am going with him...To take out Huban! I must! I must!

Lyn rushes off and Lucifer instantly follows her. Andrea follows Lucifer.

Lucifer: Where are you off to?
Lyn: Well if I cannot sing sweet nothings to my lover's ear here, then I shall sing them out there in the battlefield...I will help him in his fight and apologize for the acts I have done towards him when he last was here.
Andrea: You would die before you even met the man.
Lyn: Pardon?
Lucifer: Yes, she is right. You will die before meeting your lover.
Lyn: But Reich had left me a sword riiiiiiight here!

She picks out a secret sword from under the porch of her and Reich's house. Lucifer instantly gets worried.

Lucifer: You are not trained! You will die!
Andrea: Do you know how to truly weild a sword, madam?
Lyn: It is a simple weapon. Just swing it where the shield not be.
Andrea: That is the basics, yes, but you still need lots more training and the proper attire.
Lucifer: No, even if she had those we are not allowed to let anyone out of these walls. You KNOW this, Andrea, yet you tease her so.
Andrea: You had teased her too, but we digress.
Lucifer: Yes, we digressed a bit.
Lyn: Well I am going whether you like it or not.
Lucifer: Then we are so sorry, ma'am but...We shall throw you in the brig.
Lyn: No! Do not come closer!
Lucifer: Give us the sword.
Andrea: Calm yourself.
Lyn: I shall not yield to you...I shall yield to my maker!

Lyn jabs the sword into her chest and the other two with her gasp in shock.

Lucifer: Medic! Medic!! This lady aims to take her life!
Andrea: She gutted herself! Do help, please! We'd never know how to share this news to the man she claims her husband to be!

Medics rush over to Lyn's dying body. Lyn is tearing up, but does not wish to be saved, so she fights with the medics as best as she could. She had died that day, and Reich did not even know it...