<Chapter 2>

Demeter was hanging with her friend group consisting of Emily Harvey, Lefren Taylor, and Brute Shaw. They were the type of friend group that you would almost never see apart. They were always seen hanging out with each other. Even when school isn't in session.

"Well why would Adrien even think of doing something like that?" Emily was asking her friends. Demeter just shrugged her shoulders. Emily was always the one to see the best in everyone no matter what. Sometimes it's not that big of a problem while other times, it can be a huge problem.

"Maybe he just wasn't thinking clearly?" Lefren said, cutting through Demeter's thoughts.

"Maybe..." Demeter replied.

"Well... how have things been going with your parents Demeter?" Lefren asked curiously.

"Honestly... not great,"

"Are you going to do anything about them? Like... I don't know, put them in their place?" Brute asked. They have always been concerned about Demeter's parents. Because they knew something very little people know abo-

"Earth to Demeterrrr!!" Emily was trying to get Demeter's attention while snapping her fingers in front of Demeter's face.

"Ah! Sorry." Demeter snapped back to reality. Responding rather slowly. "Yeh... I have been thinking of some ideas with Vincent and Wilson." 

"Good! If you need ANY help with ANYTHING just let me know. Just let any or all of us know." Brute assured. Demeter put her hand up in a salute and stiffened up jokingly. "Yes! Will do!!"

Everyone laughed until the bell ringing broke their laughing fit. They all said their goodbyes and departed for their next class. Demeter walked into biology class and sat at the seat that was always deemed as hers. Everything was going perfectly fine until Jacob walked in the class.

"Heyyy Mariela." Jacob extended the hey while walking to her desk and slamming his hands on her desk. Demeter jumped slightly and rolled her eyes. Getting ready for the bull crap he was about to pull.

"Can I help you with something, Jax?" She said sarcastically. Emphasizing on the last name Jax.

"Yeh, actually you can Mariela." Demeter raised her brow in question. "I need you to tell me what's going on with your family and what you and your family are hiding." He demanded while giving a death stare at Demeter.

"Yehhhhh, not. Going. To. Happen." She shot back with pauses in between her words.

"WELL, I'LL GET YOU T-"

"Jacob Jax! Get back in your seat! Class is starting!" The biology teacher yelled, cutting him off.

"Well, I'll have to talk to you later then, Mariela." He said with a bit of annoyance in his tone. Demeter just smirked as Jacob walked back to his seat with a bit of a stomp.

                                                                                                   ***

"Class dismissed."

Everyone grabbed their bags and headed towards the door to leave for lunch. Demeter went to the lockers to find Lefren. They always meet up after the last class that comes before lunch to find the rest of their friend group.

"So, how did class go?" He asked with a hint of concern in his voice.

"Wellll," She stopped to think for a moment then remembered what happened in the beginning of class with Jacob. "Jacob stopped by in the beginning and asked about my parents again." Demeter said with a sigh.

"I swear one of these days-" Lefren cut himself off, probably to keep himself from saying something he might regret.

"It's fine, really. I can handle it."

"Well still, like what Brute said, you can tell us if you need help with anything," He stopped to look away from his locker and grabbed Demeter's shoulder reassuringly. "Anything at all."

She smiled. "Thank you."

End of chapter two :]