1. H.

{Hinatas pov}

If you had told me 6 years ago that I would be in and out of hospitals so much that I never see my parents anymore, I would call you crazy, laugh at you. If only it wasn't now a reality, I wouldn't have to be cooped up in this stupid hospital room. It's the same routine everyday. They put in so much effort just to keep me alive. I no longer have as much will to live as I should anymore.

I used to be a pretty cheerful person, but now, I find it hard to talk. Nothing really keeps me happy anymore, it's kind of like everything was stripped from me. But I just have to get over it and adapt. I'll probably be back home within a month but come back 2 weeks later. I always come back. Im rarely ever in the same hospital more than 3 times, I don't know why but my parents kept changing their mind. Luckily this wasn't a new hospital, it's the first one I had ever been to. I like this hospital, it's quite calming and the nurses are extremely nice. I never really bothered to make friends knowing that I would be gone in a month so I usually talked to the nurses. I'm rarely out of the hospital bed anyways. The nurses try to encourage me to go and explore the hospital but I always refuse. I might get attached.

"Shōyō?" One of the nurses asked, I responded with a hm, "are you alright? You zoned out" she asked, very concerned. i slowly nodded my head, getting dizzy from such a small move. "Whatever you say Shōyō" She paused, grabbing some paper work from the counter. "You should get out of this room, it would be god for you." And with that, she shut the door. Perhaps she is right, I sighed, sitting up. I got up slowly, not wanting to risk getting dizzy again. I turned to look at the door. i grabbed the notebook and pen i had beside me at all times and I carefully walked up to the door. Hesitating before grabbing the handle. I slowly peaked outside, it was pretty late and I didn't want to be waking anyone. I sighed in relief, making sure to close the door quietly. I looked to the ground, paying attention to how I walked. My throat and chest were hurting more than usual, I doubt it's something important but it's throwing me off.

I walk passed the front desk. "Don't go too far!" One of the ladies said. I was on the top floor so the roof was the best choice seeing that I wouldn't have to go very far. i wouldn't want to get in trouble.  I took the elevator to the roof, not wanting to over due it and breath to heavily. I looked around, noticing someone else up here with me. He didn't seem to notice I was there. I debated on walking up to him. I don't wanna scare him so maybe it's best I keep my distance.

I walked to the edge of the roof, slightly farther away from the man. I put my notebook down next to me. I rested my elbows on the concrete wall against the perimeters of the roof. I looked out into the city. If it weren't for COPD I would be there right now. I smiled just from thinking about it. I turned my head to the man, I wonder what he's in here for. I sighed looking back to the city. It was truly beautiful.

"Hey" I jumped, looking beside me, the man was now closer, now that we was right next me I could tell how tall he was. I just stared at him. "You mute?" He asked, I can't tell if that was a joke or not. "sometimes." I Said, slightly chuckling. A very small but noticeable smile was planted on his face. "What do you mean by that?" he asked, i was kinda shocked, I didn't expect him to be interested. "Sometimes i find it hard to talk i guess."

"I'm Kageyama." He said holding out his hand. I took it, shaking it. "I'm Hinata" I said, smiling, an actual genuine smile. It felt good to smile, it had been awhile after all. "So what are you in for?" Kageyama said, breaking the few seconds of smiling. "I've got COPD, you?" He didn't look very sick so maybe he's just here. "I've got heart problems, they don't know what kind of problems yet but it's pretty bad." He answered.

"How long have you been here?" He asked. "Well I've been in and out do hospitals for 6 years so I would think at this hospital it's atleast a year and a half." "What's it like in the city?" He asked, this confused me, like a lot . "You've never been?" "No, I've been in here since I was born, if I leave a risk having a heart attack. My eyes widened, "I would tell you but I haven't been either."

"Maybe if we ever recover we can go together!"  "I hope so."

"We should probably get going, they might start looking for us." I said, walking a way as he followed behind.
____________________________

I was finally back in the comfort of this surprisingly comfortable bed. Now that I think about it, I should've have asked for Kageyamas number, I don't even know what floor he's on! Maybe I can get one of the nurses to tell me.

I took in a few deep breaths, it hurt but I didn't care. I was cut off by a coughing fit. I was used to this by now. As soon as I was done coughing I looked into my hand to see blood. It had been awhile since I stopped coughing up blood, mostly because I was making a great recovery. It's not like it would go away, but treatments make it more bearable. I'm hoping this was just a one time thing. Otherwise, I'm getting worse.

I rolled over to my side, pulling the blanket up almost completely over my head.  As I breathed in, I could feel and hear wheezing. I closed my eyes, hoping to fall asleep soon so I wouldn't have to deal with the pain for now.

Spoiler alert, I didn't. Well, I mean I did go to sleep, but at 7 am. Luckily I didn't have any doctors coming to try and figure out what's wrong with me.