still

It was a very rainy day.

You couldn't help but to buy a cup of coffee at the café right across from your workplace after work. Your boss lashed out at you for a little mistake, everyone's in a bad mood, your blouse got caught on a random metal wire by your desk, and the photocopy machine decided to break as soon as you were clicking its start button.

Fuck, you thought like a mantra.

Of all the days in the week, why did you have to be so unlucky today? A monday, really?

"That would be ₩5,560, ma'am... Ma'am?"

"Oh," you cursed in your head as you took out whatever bill you had in your wallet. Your cheeks burned as you felt the stare the cashier was giving you. He must have been calling you thrice now. "Here, I'm sorry."

"No problem. I received ₩6,000."

You unconsciously scratched the back of your neck as you looked up.

Why didn't I look up earlier?

The cashier had his thick eyebrows furrowed as he pressed his finger tips on the screen in front of him, quickly pulling out the drawer to place the bills he got. His dark hair looked so neat and thick that it made me want to touch and ruffle it. He wasn't smiling, but his cheeks are so plump and—

"Your change, ma'am."

You blinked your eyes a couple of times before you focused on his face. His rounded eyes were staring into yours with indifference, but why the hell did your heart pound so quickly? You snatched the change from his hand before taking your order away.

"Thanks." You mumbled shyly as you embarrassingly got out of the line.

Shit, he's cute. I think he's new here? You thought as you bit your lip, placing your cup on the table right by the glass wall facing the sidewalk. You could still see him from this area. You just noticed that most of the customers were old people and a minority were girls, probably from the nearby high school.

"I couldn't see his name tag. How stupid." You said to yourself as you took a sip from your cup. It was already past 5pm. "Ugh, I need to get home."

Who the hell forgot her umbrella then? Nam Eunjoo.

"I officially hate this day."

"Excuse me."

"Fuck." You exclaimed as you almost spilled your hot coffee. Your eyes were already blazing, ready to release all of the stored stresses and frustrations of this day. "Who the hell—"

"I'm so sorry! Were you hurt? Did it spill? I'll get a mop, first, and I'll refill your cup."

It was the cute cashier.

"N-No, no need. Uhm, it didn't get to my pants." You were surprised that he panicked, his warm and calming voice raising which still sounded like music to your ears. You quickly took a peek at his name tag.

Kyungsoo

"So, what did you need, Kyungsoo-ssi?" You were hesitating if you should look into his eyes, but that would mean your cheeks would be on fire.

"We're offering rentable umbrellas since it's been pouring for a while now." He raised an umbrella on his right hand, still with an unreadable expression. Can't he smile a bit? "Just go to the counter and write your name. It's going to be limited, so if you badly need one, you can take one." He looked at the spilled coffee on your table and frowned. "I'll refill that cup."

"It's really fine, I'll be going after a few minutes anyway." You smiled, trying to look as harmless as you can. "Thanks for the heads up, I'll surely rent one 'cause I badly need one, heh." You awkwardly chuckled as you glanced at his reaction.