The Piggyback

Stopped at a gas station, the group had no luck of returning to Hawkins that night. El, stood about 10 feet from the boys at the telephone booth, stares up at a billboard, an idea rising in her head. She walks back to the van, grabbing the boy's attention as she starts to try and explain her plan. She draws with her finger on the dusty glass window.

"This is Max." She speaks, drawing a stick figure of her friend Max Mayfield, "When One attacks, he'll be in her mind. But I can do that too." Eleven informs, drawing a little stick figure of One in a thought bubble. "I went into Mama's mind, into Billy's. I can go into Max's. She can carry me to Vecna. I can piggyback" Eleven draws a stick figure of her next to One, showing she would use her powers to piggyback into Max's mind to stop Vecna.

"I can protect her. From One" Eleven finishes, turning around to face the boys. "Fight him from here"

"Mind fight. Righteous" Argyle comments

"Wait, so you actually think this can work?" Mike asks

"A bathtub would help" Eleven tells him

"Yeah. Gotta be clean to enter the mind" Argyle comments again

Jonathan looks back at Argyle confused, Mike then turns to him as well, "What? No. It's a sensory deprivation tank"

"What the hell is a sensory deprivation tank?" Caleb asks, completely confused and not processing the whole situation, moving to fast for him

"It's like a salt tub that El uses to focus on her powers and calm down" Mike answers kindly

"Wait, we just passed a motel" Will points out, looking up at Mike.

"Do you think they'll have a couple bags of salt?" Jonathan half-sarcastically asks

"Salt? I know the perfect place for salt" Argyle smiles

"We mean a lot, depending on the size of the tub" Jonathan tells Argyle

"Will 600 pounds sufice?" Argyle asks

"You know a place that has 600 pounds of salt?" Mike asks

"I can't think of one place with 600 pounds of salt" Caleb frowns

Argyle stands in front of El, measuring her up, "I know a magical place that will fill all your desires my brave, little superpowered friend" Argyle says, "That mind fight is on"  Argyle hops into the driver's seat as the others look to each other, "¡Vámanos! Let's go! Pronto!"

Argyle's door slams as he turns the van on, the younger kids piling into the back and Jonathan running around the van into the passengers seat. Argyle slams on the gas, making his way down the street about ten minutes until he pulled into a parking lot, quickly getting out with his Surfer Boy visor in hand.

"You gotta be shitting me" Mike comments, looking up at the neon sign

"Trust me on this one, my dudes" Argyle tells the group, hands on his hips as he walks towards the front door

Over the speakers, some surfer rock music plays, and Argyle stands in front of the counter as a curly haired stoner welcomes the group.

"Surf's up, my dude" Argyle says

"Uh, woah. Nice shirt my dude" The boy laughs

Mike and Caleb look to each other, a shared, pained look in their eyes. Will looks to Caleb, whispering to him about how he couldn't take anymore stoner action.

"Thanks, my dude"

"Uh, listen, I would love to feed a fellow Surfer Boy, but kitchen closed, like, five minutes ago, so no more pies tonight, man"