CHAPTER - 1

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you....idiot!" I hear Haxouan laughing near my bed.

I take a deep breath and burst into tears and try to stop shaking while there is a pool of ice-cold water around me. I'm wet from head to toe, the clothes on me, the mattress I sleep on, everything is wet. I try to pull on the blanket to keep warm up a little, but Alpha Darren throws a second bucket of water at me, watering everything.

"Get up, wench! It's time for fun!" and he slaps me on the back of the head, making me fall out of bed. I feel tears streaming down my cheeks. I don't know what wrong I did to get this treatment from them. Ahhh! I hate them! Both of them! Haxouan is my brother. But now I don't know what he wants to be because a real brother doesn't behave like him. Alpha Darren is my mate. Who I believed that will love me, pamper me and protect me from everything. But it all remained as my dream. Because my mate has rejected and humiliated me incessantly over the last year from the moment he came to know I am his mate.

Today I hope to have a quiet day. It's my birthday, once again a painful memory. I'm 19 years old today. Last year at this time Darren ... Alpha Darren rejected me and administered the beating of my life in front of his friends. My brother stood impassively and watched the whole scene and was visibly amused by what was happening as if it was happening to some other person not his brother. There are all kinds of stories about werewolves. Some true, some far beyond reality. It is true that we are destined to love and be happy all our lives with our fated mate, but what people don't know is that sometimes shit happens and that's exactly what I've been living for the last year.

Not that my life has been rosy before, but since I turned 18 everything has become exponentially complicated. My parents died during a rogue attack defending me while my brother fought with them to protect the pack. I was only 13 years old. I was not able to protect myself as a kid. Haxouan was 16 at the time. Nobody understands that. We don't come from an ordinary family, mom and dad were beta of the Golden Moon pack. They were strong and powerful wolves but it wasn't enough to deal with the flood of rogues who attacked us that day suddenly.

Everyone loved my parents and so now everyone hated me because they couldn't focus on the attack because of me. They got distracted while protecting me from that attack. I lost everything that day. I lost my parents, I lost my brother, my social status, my friends, my home ... absolutely everything. Although I have beta blood, Now I have the status of an omega worse than a rogue in the middle of the pack. Nobody considers me part of the pack, they only tolerate me to do the work necessary to maintain the pack house. I clean, I cook, I iron, I work in the garden. I do everything I am asked to do, just to not be permanently expelled from this place. Because I don't know anyone out of this pack. I don't have a place other than this pack.

Sometimes I don't even know what's better. I hoped that when I turned 18 my life would change. But everything got worse. At the age of 18, every werewolf knows his wolf. My wolf did not appear. In the last year I was simply wolfless. Everyone laughs at me, some say this is the punishment for the misfortune I have inflicted on my family. Is it true that the Moon goddess is punishing me? Am I the reason for my parents death?

Darren is the future alpha of our pack, he is also my mate. I was happy when I saw that he was my mate. I thought all my abuse would end from that moment. As I will be the future lune of the pack. so anyone will think before they touch me. But all remained my wishful thinking. Darren rejected me as soon as he came to know that I was his mate. He informed me that he would never accept such a lowly and useless being to occupy the position of the luna of the pack with him. He beat me in front of his friends and in the last year he forced me every day to see him lining up woman after woman in his bedroom.