{ 13 }

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us every day.

Unseen, unheard, but always near; still loved, still missed and very dear."

― Anonymous

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

{Age 40}

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Seungmin,

I can't believe it. Today brought the most profit I've made in a long time, and can you guess what I sold?

An oil-painted headshot of my beloved.

I was very apprehensive about parting with it despite having painted you several times, but the piece will be displayed at the capital's art exhibition and museum! I'm so excited to see you there.

If only I could capture how truly perfect you were, but there's no way anyone could.

Mom and dad haven't been doing so well... They seem to be tag-teaming some sort of virus, so I've been spending a lot of my time in my old studio at their house while I care for them. It really feels cramped after adjusting to the large space, but the room is filled with so many wonderful memories of us.

I've improved a lot since then. I hope that you're able to see it someday if you haven't already! I promise to show you once we're together again!

Your parents are taking full advantage of their retired status, as well... They've been traveling abroad for a while now, but they continue to check in on me nearly every day. I'm so thankful for them. I was worried that I would lose them after you passed, but they're still like my second set of parents. I'm taking good care of them (and dad's garden), I promise.

I hope that you're well and happy wherever you are, darling. I hope that you're able to enjoy everything you did on Earth and more. You deserve everything good in this universe, and I'll try my best to deliver that once I can.

My love for you continues to grow and bloom, much like my multitude of little blue flowers. The very first plant sadly died many, many years ago now, but I've been left with so many generations to continue on.

Would it be the same for us if everything played out differently?

Would we have our very own children now?

I'm certain that you would've been a wonderful father, Min... Perhaps in our next life, we can find out.

For now, I'm an uncle to 5 children and that's handful enough! Despite them not showing much interest in kids when we were in school, I'm surrounded by fathers who go above and beyond for their children. I know that you would do the same.

I love and miss you always.

Your artist,
Hyunjin"

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈