Chapter 1 - Sophie

"SOPHIE!!!" Edaline shouted from the bottom of the stairs.  "Wake up! You don't want to miss your first day of High School!!!" "Dex is already waiting for you."

"Wha- huh?" Sophie mumbled. Her alarm went off. How could she forget? Today she was heading off to Foxfire High School, the best high school in the country! It was only for the smartest, and most skilled people. Foxfire was only a few minutes away from her house, so she would be walking there. She had promised Dex she would walk with him there. Poor Dex, she thought. How long had he been waiting for her for?

"Coming, Edaline!" She shouted back. She brushed her teeth in what she thought was 10 seconds, and yanked on her uniform, which consisted of a skirt, leggings, a long-sleeved shirt, and a vest over top. It was plain ridiculous, in Sophie's opinion. 

She shoved a piece of toast in her mouth, took a sip of lemonade, grabbed her backpack, and hurried to the door. 

"Bye, Grady! Bye, Edaline!" Sophie called over her shoulder. 

"Bye Sophie!" Grady called through a mouthful of toast and orange juice. 

She opened the door and found Dex standing there, in his uniform. It was the same as Sophie's, minus the skirt. His just looked like a superhero's clothes. Smack a mask on Dex's face and she'd be calling him Captain Blueberry for the res of the year.

"Whew! Sorry Dex, I slept in."

"It's fine, I was only out here for 30 minutes". Dex said.

"30 MINUTES?!"

"Just kidding, for only about 10". Dex flashed a wicked grin at Sophie.

"Thank the heavens!" Sophie exclaimed. They both walked in silence for the rest of the time until they stopped at a bizarre sight.

"THAT is seriously a SCHOOL?" Sophie asked. There stood a glass pyramid with towers and wings. It reminded her of a castle, but more colourful. 

"Yep, that is a school." Dex confirmed

They walked up to the entrance that had a banner overtop that said "WELCOME NEW STUDENTS" in huge, blaring letters. They seemed to glow. With a deep breath, she and Dex pushed the doors open to find...

Wow! That is... A lot of words, for the first chapter. I'll update this as soon as I can, along with my other fanfic. See ya!

Word count: 349