Nineteen- The start of winter quarter

Sean bit his thumb as his leg bounced up and down quickly. His eyes studied his laptop as he chewed on his skin. I watched as he ran his free hand through his hair.

"I hate America," He cursed before shutting his laptop.

I chuckled before looking over at him. "What's going on Jackaboy?"

He sighed before running a hand through his hair. "It's nothing, just my stupid work. You should get going to go see doctor Williams," he said shoving his laptop into his bag.

"Yeah, I'll see you after your shift. We can get dinner together?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, Daithi wanted me to cook and I think we were going to do something with the lads but you can come over," He said and I smiled.

I stood up slinging my backpack over my shoulder only for the strap to rip. I cursed as my textbooks and laptop spilled out. Jack shot up quickly helping me. I quickly collected my books.

"Take my bag Mark, you're going to be late, I'll collect your stuff and I'll meet you after work. I have a class in the science hall anyways," He said shoving his backpack into my hands. "I'll try to make sure your laptop is okay, and fix it if I can,"

"I-I'd okay," I stuttered standing up.

"Good luck Markimoo," He said placing a kiss on my cheek.

I gave him a quick kiss before grabbing my water bottle and rushing out of the dining hall. I checked my watch, realizing I had three minutes to make it to the science building. I ran as fast as I could practically sprinting towards the building.

I made it to Doctor Williams's class with a minute to spare. I huffed hard and Doctor Williams smiled at me.

"Mark! Glad you can make it," He said and it was just then that I noticed that the lecture hall was empty.

I quickly fixed my hair before looking at him. "Thank you for having me," I commented setting the water bottle down.

Doctor Williams smiled at me before chuckling. "We have a few minutes before students come in I just wanted to give you a quick run-through of what's going to happen in the first class," He explained and I nodded setting down Jack's backpack.

"So today I'll just have you make a quick PowerPoint before, something super easy like what I did. Just your major, minor, what you do in your free time, maybe some hobbies or something," Doctor Williams said and I nodded. "You can either use your own laptop or my computer if you want,"

"I-I'll just-my own," I stammered sliding Jack's backpack off my shoulder.

I quickly pulled out Jack's laptop. It was covered in stickers of different bands and video games. Doctor Williams smiled at me before pointing to a sticker.

"Did Sean give you that one?" He asked and I folded down the laptop screen.

It was a small little Irish flag. I smiled before pulling the screen back up. I turned on the power before looking at doctor Williams.

"Uh, this is actually his laptop," I laughed nervously. "We had lunch together and my bag ripped, and my laptop broke. He's going to try and fix it before his next class," I explained scratching my neck nervously.

"That's incredibly nice of him. I'm glad you too are still friends," doctor Williams said and I could help but laugh quietly.

Jack and I were more than friends at this point. We haven't gone past the touching stage but it's definitely more than what you do with regular friends.

"Well, Jack and I kinda just clicked," I said and doctor Williams smiled.

"I'm glad, you two get along well. I've never seen better lab partners before, besides those who are dating," Doctor Williams said and I hesitated.