To Our Final Days

April 2010

1 Year Before the ReRise

Over the rolling sea's a large carrier sail, pushing along the calm waters that were clear and shining with the sun radiating down on this gorgeous spring day. A day that for some might just be another day to go about your business as if it meant nothing to them, but for the residents of this massive school carrier, these day's were cherished with great vigor, for nothing, was more serene than being out on the sea's as if they were in their own world.

That was just the life for the residents of the Akagi School carrier, home to one of the original four schools that was founded when Sensha-do was in its infancy, in Chi-Ha-Tan Academy. A school that represented Japan's imperial past, even if most just brush that sort of notion aside. As this was nothing more than an academy for young girls to grow and learn, nothing more and nothing less.

Though parts of that regime-held true in a part of the academy.

A sudden ringing began to fill the air, as the class bell announce the end of the first school day for the girls of Chi-Ha-Tan. With it, most of the girls began to gather their school bags and notebooks, double checking nothing was left behind. Most of them began to meld into their groups of friends, all smiling, joking and gossiping about their first day of school. While also making plans to go out to eat at some local diners aboard or plan out a study session in their dorm rooms, for even if it was the first day of school most were already wanting to get a head start on their academics that would only help them when they graduated.

Yet, while most girls were going about their plans for studying or eating, one such girl was giddy about something other than those simple needs and pleasures. For she was hungry for this new era about to take hold of her club, that was the Sensha-do club, a club that participated in a sport unlike any other in the world, as its female participants fought in World War two tanks in matches against one another.

They were intense, awe-inspiring, heart-pounding, breathtaking, and utterly incredible to watch and even better to compete in said sport, for which this young girl, who was now to see her opportunity to be a part of it had come. To don the uniform that had been worn by tankers of the club since Sensha-do's founding, with a deep tradition that was expected of any girl who join the Chi-Ha-Tan Sensha-do team.

A warriors tradition, that no matter what was to be upheld.

To which this young girl would uphold, more so than ever, as this was the start, in her mind, of the Chi-Ha-Tan's path to back to the glory that had been shrouded in a veil for almost a decade, to which she would be the one to finally lift it from the club she loves so much.

"Mmmmm," Mizuko Nonaka said while stretching her arms high above to get the kinks out.

She was of above-average height, with light skin color. Her eyes were a rich yellow and her hair jet black and flowing down her back, that wave with the gentle wind near her desk, as she had a nice seat in her classroom near the windows, a prime spot in her mind.

"Hey Nonaka, ready to go?" a voice call over to her.

Looking over to the source of the voice, Nonaka took in the sight of her friend and gunner for her Type 97 Chi-Ha, Nori Umesaka, a small girl, with rich brown hair, pale skin, and large light brown eyes. She wore the Chi-Ha-Tan school uniform like Mizuko. They had been fast friends since first year, having both been lonesome trying to work their way into finding a group, but somehow found each other and were attached at the hip at this point. While being in Sensha-do made them into tankery sisters, a bond that could only be found in this beloved sport.

"Yep, tired of lectures, time to go blast something," Mizuko said with a grin, as she grab her bag ready to jet out of the classroom.

That made Nori grin back at her tank commander. "You mean I get to blast things, you just get to sit and watch me."