60 | Confession

sixty • confession

The evening runs its course well. We play some music outside and the three of us — me, Simon, and Tina spend our time sitting under the Christmas tree. Fairy lights are strung all over the walls of the hall, making the room glow with a faint yellow light, and Simon makes a makeshift fireplace without a fire using some red bricks, just for the vibe.

Damien comes in after a while — dressed in a long-sleeved black sweatshirt and jeans and bringing presents for all of us. He presents me with a new phone, Simon with a pink shirt which makes me laugh out loud, and for Tina, he brings a cosmetic bath set which she loves.

It is strange seeing them being so civilized with each other but when Tina kisses Damien on his scarred cheek, the red blush on his face is significant enough to let me know how much he likes that gesture.

We have our dinner under the Christmas tree too with Tina and me sitting on our respective boyfriends' laps. Then, Simon winks at me and I give him a thumbs-up, much to Damien's amusement, as he guides Tina out of the apartment and onto the rooftop. He had the entire place decorated with the help of the people living in the other apartments so that he could propose to Tina.

After I shut the door behind the two of them, I proceed to cozy myself over Damien's body as he lies on the couch. His tall frame is stretched over it, his height making the stance appear very uncomfortable as compared to the small couch. When I slide my legs between his, before climbing over him and placing my back to his chest, he wraps his hands around my body, folding them under my breast while he slides his finger over one boob lazily through my sweater.

The gesture isn't sexual. Just something too intimate as we both watch the lights in the Christmas tree twinkle.

My joy is out of bounds, knowing that he is here with me instead of with his family. I should feel selfish but I don't. After Dax left, I had been worrying about whether I should tell Damien the truth but seeing him like this made the barriers stay put. I don't wish to scare him away from me. He has no idea how deep my feelings have grown.

I feel the light touch of his lips on the top of my forehead. Looking up, I smile and he smiles back.

"You're thinking something," he says, tracing a finger over a side of my face. "What's it, babe?"

"I'm thinking how much I like here...being with you."

"Is that so?" His hand curls around the nape of my neck, the touch exceedingly light, sending shocks of adrenaline through me.

"Hmm..."

I slowly twirl my body over his until my chest is pressing against his hard stomach. Beaming a little, I fold my arms over his muscled torso, resting my chin over them and peering at him.

"Dax came today," I say.

His hands around me tighten as his whole body tenses beneath me. He blinks impassively, his dark eyebrows rising just an inch.

"Why?" he asks, his voice sounding raspy.

"Julia sent him, he said. He came to apologize. She must have told him some shit about Christmas and new beginnings. He was in a good mood,"

Damien's eyebrows furrow, his gaze drifting from me to the lights on the tree. "Did he...say something else? About me?"

"Nope." I move a finger to the neckline of his sweatshirt, my nail grazing over the skin of his Adam's apple as he gulps. "He just came in to say sorry. We talked for a while. I think we're good now."

I fix my attention on his throat, noticing the movement of every gulp he swallows. Even the shape of his throat is sexy. It makes me want to lick my tongue through it. How can someone be so hot and alive is still impossible for me to grasp.