♡ 4

Avalon stood below the throne with her hands behind her back feeling the end of her hair touch her fingers, as she watched the door while she heard the shuffling of the king behind her. Avalon smiles to herself while she continues watching the door.

"Her Royal Highness, Princess Lunafreya of Tenebrae!"

The king looks over when the door opens, Avalon saw a gorgeous woman come in. She had gorgeous blond hair with resilient blue eyes. She wore a white dress and heels. She then looks behind seeing Nyx behind her and she raises a quick brow to him, and he shakes his head gently. Avalon frowns a little bit, and nods slowly. Knowing he would tell her later.

If there was a later...

"It has been a long time, Your Majesty."

"Yes, far too long." The king responds fondly with a smile on his face.

Lunafreya frowns a little bit. "Prince Noctis isn't here, is he?"

The king shakes his head. "No, my dear, he is not." The king answers. "I am too old to fight in this war. I have no choice but to receive the Empire and accept their treaty. Even so..." The king looks at the Princess. "I had hoped to hold the wedding elsewhere, somewhere safe. I sent one of my Glaive to see you there, but –"

Avalon couldn't believe it. Could Crowe be...

"It is not too late!" The king starts knocking Avalon out of her thoughts. "I can ready an escort. Please, go to my son."

Lunafreya shakes her head gently. "No. Wherever I go, the Empire will follow." She told him sadly. "It would only place the prince in greater danger. It is my duty to protect the prince and see his destiny fulfilled. These twelve years have no changed that."

"And what of your destiny?"

"My duty is my destiny." Lunafreya replies with a gentle smile. "Your Majesty, I'm prepared to accept whatever may come to pass."

The king nods as Lunafreya begins walking out with Nyx following behind her. Avalon frowns keeping her post for a moment. Something about this seemed off. Avalon was curious on why Nyx was following the princess around. Could he be...?

"Excuse me, Avalon," A soldier started making her look at him with a raised a brow. "I have some news..."

A brief silence was started, and all Avalon heard in her head was ringing. A buzz. Everything sounded distant.

Avalon's eyes widen as she quickly excuses herself and rushes off.

~

Huffing while she was running, Avalon was trying to find out where she was. Her best friend.

"Get the hell out of my way!" She heard Libertus yell out, she was near. "That's my friend you got in there, damn it!"

Avalon rounds the corner seeing Libertus fighting with the medical examiner, Nyx was on the other side of the hallway as he rushes up to Libertus.

"Sir, you can't go in there until the examination has ended."

Nyx rushes up to Libertus dragging him back a little bit. "Hey! Hey, take it easy big guy."

"Libertus, what's going on?" asks Avalon looking at him.

Libertus looks at both of his friends. "These bastards rushed Crowe in there the moment she got back." Avalon's eyes widen a little bit turning to the door. "And now they won't let me in to see her."

Avalon begins walking in and the medical examiner lets her as she pushes open the curtains, and her eyes widen when she sees her.

Her best friend in a body bag...