♡ 8

Lunafreya, Nyx and Avalon run through the Citadel until they come to a parking garage filled with vehicles. They quickly ran to one and Avalon got into the driver side back while Lunafreya got in the front and Nyx got in the drivers' side and he quickly sped off.

"Ulric to command. Come in, captain!"

"Still nothing?"

Nyx shakes his head and Avalon frowns holding her head gently.

"Footage of the perpetrators was captured by a nearby surveillance camera. Here are images of the six suspects. One has been identified as Galahdian refugee, Libertus Ostium, a former member of the Lucian Kingsglaive."

Avalon didn't care. She heard Nyx curse loudly and slam his hand on the wheel making her wince a little bit. Never in her life for as long as she's known him. Avalon has never seen Nyx this mad. She then turns her head when gun fire hit the car. Avalon gasps grabbing her jacket taking it off and puts on Lunafreya's head and Avalon quickly rolls down the window jumping on the roof.

"Avalon!" She heard Nyx call to her, but she ignores him while she builds up her magic a little bit and tosses a fireball at them and it misses.

"Stay in there, Nyx!" Avalon warns him. She didn't want him to know she had her magic still as it's not tied with the king. "You don't have your magic!"

Nyx growls a little bit then an armored vehicle drives up behind them making Avalon turn back seeing it as she quickly heads back inside the vehicle. "You're making a mess of my city, Glaive! I thought I told you not to go playing hero!" Avalon turns to Nyx as he was shocked when he heard that voice. "Leave the ship to me. Looks like you got a royal fare to see to."

Avalon gasps when the vehicle goes beside them and begins shooting them and then starts slowly backing away as she looks behind her watching the scene unfold. But then is yanked from her spot when Nyx had to step on the gas to avoid the Magitek armor and Nyx drove the car off the road to avoid its fire and the trio is thrown around in the car as it rolls and lands on its back. Avalon holds her head as it was knocked against the window, and she started bleeding from her head from the force.

Everyone struggles to get out of it as it teeters on the edge of the rooftop.

"Move it!" commands Nyx to Lunafreya who manages to climb out, but she corned between two buildings as Avalon follows Lunafreya while the car falls down with Nyx still in there.

"Nyx!" Avalon calls out worriedly while leading the princess away from the Magitek armor that followed them and started shooting at them. She led the princess behind the building while Avalon blocks the bullets with her staff. "Stay behind me, Luna!"

Lunafreya nods quickly while they both rush down the steps of the building avoiding the onslaught of bullets heading their way. Avalon quickly places a barrier around the princess making sure she didn't get hit but the next thing Avalon knew, she was hit in the shoulder, and she gasps in pain.

"Avalon!"

"Don't worry, I'm okay! Let's go!" Avalon grabs the princess's hand and leads her somewhere where they wouldn't get shot again. They see a door and rush through it. She turns around when she hears a crash behind her. "Nyx..."

"What the hell did you do to piss these things off?" questions Nyx after rushing by the two women and they follow him.

"It's not me they're after. It's the ring?"

"What's so special about the ring?" asks Avalon as they run into the room and Nyx shuts the door and they hide behind a dresser. "Don't tell us the future is really riding on it."