𝐢𝐢. 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨 |
𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐎𝐧 ]

Slytherins were the worst.

Tenley barely got any sleep the night of the feast. Her dormmates were absolutely horrid. Pansy Parkinson, Millicent Bulstrode, and Tracey Davis were up the majority of the night discussing how proud their parents would be that they were Slytherins. Eventually, they were so loud in their boasting that Tenley had sandwiched her head between two pillows.

It seems that the girl in the bed next to hers, Daphne Greengrass, had the same thought. She was the only girl in her dorm who was at least tolerable.

The next morning came quickly, too quickly for Tenley's liking. She rolled out of bed and quickly changed into her robes, which magically had the Slytherin crest already sewn on.

Upon arriving in the Great Hall, she spotted her sister already seated with another first year from her house.

"Hey, Ash, guess what?" Tenley asked, sliding into a seat beside her. "Slytherin sucks."

Asha giggled. "We knew this from the beginning, Ten. You'll get used to it, I'm sure. This is Padma, she's a twin, too."

The girl beside Asha smiled and waved.

"Really? What house is she in?" Tenley asked.

"Parvati's in Gryffindor. She left just a bit ago," Padma explained.

"What classes do you lot have today?" Tenley asked, piling some toast and fruit onto her plate.

Asha examined her schedule. "Herbology, Transfiguration, and Defense Against the Dark Arts after lunch. You?"

"I have Herbology with you, which is great, then Potions and Transfiguration with the Gryffindors."

"Oh, you have classes with Dean and Seamus then! I don't have any with them until tomorrow, History of Magic and Defense Against the Dark Arts."

"We all have Astronomy together Wednesday night," Tenley noticed.

Just then, the boys walked into the hall.

"Seamus! Dean!" Asha called, waving them over. The boys grinned and started heading over, but when they saw the emerald patch on Tenley's robes, they both froze.

"Uh..." Seamus said, scratching his head. "We're gonna sit with the guys today," he said. "See you later, Asha!"

Not acknowledging Tenley at all, the two walked away and sat down at the Gryffindor table with Harry Potter and his redhead friend, Ron Weasley.

"That was..."

"Weird." Tenley finished, but she knew why it happened. Slytherins were notorious for being evil, so it wasn't any surprise that it was assumed Tenley was evil as well. However, she didn't expect Seamus and Dean to shun her, especially after their friendship began on the Hogwarts Express.