𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐦𝐞?

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 |
[ 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐌𝐞? ]

The library was a place frequented by the upper years.

The fifth, sixth, and seventh years were there any chance they could be, studying. The fifth years had their OWLs to worry about, while the sixth and seventh years were studying fervently for their NEWTs.

Quest and his friends crowded around a table themselves, already stressing over the mountains of homework that the professors were assigning.

"We've only been in a week and a half, how do we already have this much to do?" Cedric asked rhetorically, sitting back in his chair and rubbing his eyes.

None of his friends answered, as they were all to focused on their homework.

"C'mon," Cedric tried again. "We've been going for hours, and it's a Saturday. Can we take a break?"

"I guess, just let me finish this last sentence," Quest said, finishing his History of Magic paper.

Finally, Quest, Crystal, and Angelina had all set down their quills.

"What do you guys think you're gonna do after school?" Quest asked. "Cause we got those meetings with our Head of House this year and I'm not sure what I want to say yet."

"Well, you guys know what I want to do. I've known since I was eleven, and it wasn't that hard to figure out," Crystal replied with a shrug, throwing her books and papers into her bag.

"And you can't need too many OWLs to continue in magizoology," Angelina said. "I mean, Care of Magical Creatures and what else?"

Crystal looked at her friend. "Lets see, potions can help, charms, defensive spells, probably transfiguration too."

"Huh," Angelina said. "See, normally I'd say I wanted to play Quidditch professionally, but I don't think McGonagall's going to accept that. I need to come up with something too," she said, agreeing with Quest. "What about you, Ced?"

Cedric blushed a bit. "You guys are going to laugh."

"No, we won't!" Crystal insisted, placing a comforting hand on Cedric's arm. "You're a great wizard and you'll excel at whatever you want to."

Cedric looked at Crystal. "Okay, fine. I want to be an Auror."

No one spoke for a moment. Crystal and Angelina looked at Cedric in surprise while Quest actually looked like he was suppressing a laugh. He had been in classes with Cedric since first year and they had been friends since even before then. Quest would've seen Cedric becoming a herbologist, or a Quidditch player, our maybe working with the Ministry in Magical Law Enforcement, but an Auror? Quest never could've imagined.