Chapter 5

Chapter 5

In the first place, Carlyx hated rumors and betrayal more than anything else.

She already read my calculation and movement.

As if she had allies who told her that I was doing a background check on her.

Or maybe she knew from the rumors.

If she knew through the rumor, who the hell spread that rumor?

"I was asking you three times. I don't know what makes it so hard to answer. I'll ask you one last time. How did you know?"

Even though his voice was not different from their first meeting, for some reason, it made her shudder.

The flow of the air filling the room changed along with him.

He was squashing her self-esteem to the point she almost couldn't breathe.

"...I'm only guessing. But it seems like I was correct."

Did she say she guessed it?

After swallowing his laugh, Carlyx gazed straight at the woman in front of him.

I had hoped that it was a lie, but her clear confidence told me that it was true.

"So do you have any more questions for me?"

"....Give me."

Carlyx reached out his hand without answering that absurd question.

Daisy blinked her eyes, and he twitched his hands as if telling her to stop pretending to be clueless.

"I don't have time. Give me the documents."

Daisy gently hands over the documents to Carlyx.

It was exactly what she wanted. If things turned out like this, she didn't have to interrogate him to verify the information.

"The housekeeper, maids, servants, and knights. Did you do an investigation on each of them?"

"If I don't even know the name of the servants, how can I ever be a good madam?"

"But even their medical records and their hometowns are included. I don't think there's any madam who goes this far on investigating."

Carlyx, who recalled the harsh reality, closed his lips. Then the tightly closed lips soon opened again.

"...I won't give you a compliment."

"I don't even want it. I'm not doing this for your compliment."

Daisy smiled slightly and added.

"It's an investment for my future."

Why did she think of this as an investment?

Even though I investigated her, it never occurred to me to call it an 'investment'.

It's been a while since I felt such raging emotions.

Carlyx was dumbfounded, but he could manage his facial expression.

"Please cross-check the documents thoroughly."

"Yes, I understand."

Carlyx returned to his usual self and replied calmly.

This unexpected situation was unpleasant, but she didn't say anything wrong. Since it was true that I did a background check on her.

I ordered Logan to investigate her today, and I also did it shortly after our first meeting.