Training

2015

Isla Nublar, Hybrid Facility  08:47 AM

Clair Dearing is in her less professional set of clothing. She was seen wearing a leather jacket over her pink shirt, as she made sure to put on some protective gear for the job. 

Yeah while she's still the Operations manager, she still is the caretaker of Y/n, the Indotaurus. She finishes putting on the last of her gear and heads to the side of the building. 

She steps up the stairs as she walks into a viewing platform, as other workers were doing maintenance for the main terminal. One of the workers walks up to Claire.

???: You heading in Ms. Dearing?

Claire: Of course. You guys have the backup terminal up right?

The worker shows her a tablet with all of the enclosure's information, cameras, and comms.  

???: Yup. Want us to send in the guards with you?

Claire: No I should be fine. Do you have the bucket set up?

???: Yes ma'am, they should be by the doors. But be careful.

Claire nods and steps off the platform, and steps down the stairs. She takes a right and stands in front of a large steel gate. She flips open a panel and types in the pass cord, opening the main gate. As she walks in, the door closes behind her, as she stands in front of the secondary door, which leads right into the enclosure. She picks up the bucket by the door, which was filled with chunks of meat. She looks up to her right, directly at the camera.

Claire: Open the door. 

The gate suddenly begins to raise, she walks into the enclosure as her boots step onto the tough dirt below her. She scans the habitat as the door behind her powers back down. Suddenly the sounds of leaves ruffling are heard to the side, her grip on the bucket grows tighter as she looks towards the noise. An 11 foot tall hybrid steps out of the foliage as it steps into the clearing. People watched from above as the dinosaur walked around the woman. She takes a deep breath and suddenly lets out a loud whistle, causing it to halt.

Claire: Hello Y/n. 

Y/n tilts its head and lets out a soft grumble as she picks up a piece of meat from the bucket.

Claire: Say hi Y/n.

Y/n lifts his head and lets out a deep call, before wagging its tail and looking at its trainer.

Claire smiles and tosses the meat into the air. Y/n quickly catches it and crushes the bone in the meat and swallows it whole. The dinosaur walked closer to Claire before lowering its head and rubbing its snout against her chest. She giggles and pets his snout, earning a soft purr from the creature. She lightly pushes his snout back, making him step back and go back to his full height. 

Claire grabbed a larger chunk of meat and looked at Y/n. His eyes were focused on the meat, his body was steady, and was completely still. 

She suddenly tosses it across the paddock, causing Y/n to break into a sprint and chase it. Y/n suddenly jumps into the air and catches it before slamming the meat into the ground. Once the meat was flat on the ground, he ripped the meat in half before eating it whole. Y/n then gently picks up the rest with the edge of his mouth before walking over to Claire and dropping it. 

Claire: Uh… Thanks?

Y/n nods before stepping back. As the hours pass, Claire and Y/n continue their training before Claire's alarm suddenly goes off. Y/n suddenly growls as the noise, Claire takes out her phone and turns off the alarm. Y/n growls at her phone, but she places her hand on his snout.