01

On a Monday morning, KeonWoo High students are noisily chattering and scattered while waiting for the newly appointed Principal on the school quadrangle. It is still early, yet the sun is already blazing hot.

The news about the new principal was announced last week, only three months after the academic year started. And the rumor about the previous principal getting killed was spreading like wildfire. Someone from the faculty made up a story. However, it was actually due to cardiac arrest based on the finding of the police investigation, he got too shocked while watching a horror movie with his family.

A loud static noise was soon heard. Students then turned their attention to the platform, and there it was, a middle-aged woman dressed in a somehow annoying bright pink combo of a knee-length skirt and blouse, smiling too brightly considering it early morning.

At that exact moment, the skies started to become cloudy, and a cold breeze was felt, which caused the students to sigh in relief.

"What a bright and energetic morning it is! Right, students?" the principal greeted in such a high-energy delivery with a broad smile.

"I would like to greet everyone. The freshie first years, transferees, and old students. I am Miss Jang Hyung Hee. Please call me Ms. Jang."

The speech lasted for another 4 minutes.

"and as you all know, students who don't follow the school rules and misbehave on school grounds have punishments waiting for them, and as your new principal, of course, I added my way of discipline." there is a sudden change in the tone of voice, a more serious and warning one. Hard-headed students never really care about these threats. It enters the right ear but only flies out through the left ear.

After that, all the students lined up to proceed to their respective classes.

"Shhh, bend lower, stupid!"

Park Jay is an 11th-grade senior high school student. He, together with some of his friends, is a bunch of headaches.

He whispered to one of his best friends and classmate, Nishimura Riki, a Japanese student. No worries, he understands Korean perfectly and even uses almost every curse word when in an argument.

They then tried to take another peek at the room's window, some students in the hallway were glancing at them weirdly, and some were lowkey judging them, but this scene was not new.

"What the fuck!"

They both said in unison, stumbled backward, landing on their butts first while their hands were on their chests. The duo was stunned because Mr. Nam's furious face greeted them.

Some of their classmates laughed and shook their heads at the comedic scene they frequently witness. While in the third row, Sim Jake, the top 1 student, glanced at the scene annoyingly. His friends interrupted the class once again. He just wanted Mr. Nam to finish the lecture.

Because after that, Mr. Nam will finally distribute the results of their first project this academic year.

"Look at those two. They never learn, or do they just love getting on the professors' nerves." Jake's seatmate and another member of the friendship circle, Park Sunghoon, is not the wisest student but always gets favor from the previous principal, well privilege does wonders. Thanks to him being part of the school's figure skating team and the son of one of KunWoo High's shareholders.

"They just don't have parents who want their kid to always be at the top, the "model student" title, and a scholarship to protect," Jake said, with a hint of envy in his voice.

"Get up there, you fools, and enter the class already. You're wasting my class period!"

Jay and Niki bowed as they finally entered.

"oh! Hello there, Miss Rank 2" Jay's loud voice echoed in the room when he reached the second row. He said this in a teasing way and smirked.

Jang Wonyoung. The school's 2nd rank student. She always challenges herself to do better than Jake. Wonyoung desires to defeat him even once.

When she heard what Jay said, she did nothing. Other than staring at her feet, feeling ashamed.

"Park Jay shut up and take your seat already." the class president ordered. He's probably already fed up with Jay, which is his friend too.

"Heeseung is right. Why don't you two try to be like him."

Lee Heeseung, known for having a clean record and being a model student, is always part of the top 10 and is known for being a talented human being. He's kind and punctual, unlike Jay and Niki. They mostly get in trouble.

"Mr. Park and Mr. Nishimura! What do you think you're doing?" That was a wrong move. Mr. Nam's nostrils are now fuming.

The two students were making faces. They probably thought the professor already turned his back.

"I've had enough for today."

"This isn't the first time you two are late. Detention after class isn't enough."

"Uhm, sir? Can we please proceed to the grade distribution already?" Jake asked, eager to know what grade he got

"Mr. Sim, there's nothing new with your grades. As usual, you got the highest, alright? So calm your ass."

And of course, the rank 2 Wonyoung just sitting right in front of Jake felt disappointed in herself once again.

"Here Mr. Lee, please distribute the papers"