Chapter 2 - The Party Scene

A couple hours and quite a few drinks later, I was dancing with Alyson. We were dancing like total idiots, drunk as we were. Suddenly I felt a person behind me and turned, seeing then feeling Alex start pulling me back against him. Ignoring the tiny warning flags going off in my mind, she kept dancing, a smile forming on my lips. What seemed like seconds later, but my mind registered song changes, Alex turned me around and pulled me flush against him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

He kissed me back hungrily and I felt an unfamiliar tugging in my lower stomach. Not sure how to respond to that, I just kept kissing him, lacing my fingers through his slightly shaggy brown hair.

"It's warm here," I felt him mumble against my ear. "Kitchen? There's a few windows in there." Nodding, I felt him tug at my arm.

"I'm going to the kitchen with Alex!" I yelled to Alyson, and seeing her nod in my direction, I followed him. Halfway there, I felt the slightly familiar iciness of liquid down my neck and flowing down my top. From the smell, I figured out someone had either just dumped or spilled beer all over me. Whipping my body around to face the guilty party, I swung without thinking.

I felt Alex pulling me back away from the guy and tugging me towards the kitchen. Being drunk, I didn't fight him, just went along with where he was pulling until we reached the cold brightness of the kitchen.

"Are you okay, Serena?" Alex sounded actually concerned about me. He moved me in the direction of the sink, speaking quietly. "Let's get some cold water on your shirt, it'll take the stain out."

I giggled, turning around and leaning my back against the cool tile in front of the sink. I pulled him closer to me by gripping his shirt tightly. I bit my lip, and his eyes dipped from mine to my mouth. Alex leaned forward and gently brushed his lips across mine.