Chapter -33- The Queen and the Princess

Hausalpura

The guards of Padmasena was shivering in fear to see the towering figure of their ruler. His presence was the last thing they were expecting. The villagers bowed down to him.

Vansh came forward to the young lad and pat his back encouragingly.

"You did a splendid job! BRAVO! I am proud to see such a courageous man like you. This is exactly how one should act. -Fearlessly, and keeping his head held high "

"Maharaj!" He bowed his head.

"I did my duty . Protecting the innocents and harmless is my responsibility."

Vansh looked at him with amazement.

He is wearing simple clothes but his attitude speaks as if he is a royal.

He smiled at him and asked

"Is it? And why do you think You should do so?"

"I shall tell you later Maharaj. But if you don't mind, can I ask you two questions.

Vansh was even more impressed by him.

"Sure you can. " He permitted.

" Padmasena had been torturing the people of Hausalpura since a long time. How you remained ignorant to this fact.

Riddhima gasped in astonishment.

This boy had the guts to question the king.

She wondered how Vansh would react!.

But to her surprise Vansh smiled.

'You are right! I was unaware of the fact that my subjects of Hausalpura had not been treated very well..See! He explained. I ruled a vast kingdom, It consists of 2800 villages. Almost 950 districts and 108 vassal states. It is vast. Though I have a very skilled   espionage system, Still it takes time for my messenger to pass the rightful information  to me. Hausalpura is one of those villages which are in farthest corners from Udaykhetra.

" Do you think it's possible to know every inch and detail of every village?  The moment I came to know about it. I came by myself to deal with it. Even horses took three to four days to reach here"

.Arjun was quite shocked that the king explained him so lucidly. He was a young blood. He was not thinking rationally.

"This is exactly the reason why I have recruited councilors and Provincial governors. A king cannot rule properly if his council of ministers is dishonest and tyrant . Padmasana will surely serve his due punishment."

Arjun agreed to what the king said

"What is your second question?"

Vansh asked

"Why did you wait for the girl and the old man to be battered? You could have punished them earlier...."

Vansh stopped him midway.

"Guarding down doesn't mean giving up." I was just keeping an eye to what extent they could go. I would have thrashed the guard brutally,but you came as their Messiah! "

"Are you a royal by any chance?" He asked.

"Rajkumar Arjun Verma.He said, prince of

Gandharvipura!

I am 17.I am still the crown princess. By next year I will officially take charge of my province, but before that I shall liberate my kingdom from that leech - Maharaja Kabir Bhadra...The King of Manyabhum. His eyes shot fire as he took his name.

Vansh was dazed and impressed by Arjunverma.

An amused smile played in his lips.

"You don't like him....Right! "