~Chapter Two: The Bite~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Song- Seven- Mother Mother

Vail jumped off the edge and swirled down the spiraling clouds.

Varlie closed her eyes and held her breath, jumping in after Vail did, just seconds after Vail jumped in.

"Aaaaahh!" She landed on something that was hard, not sandy.

"hu-? Gaahhh-!" He tensed up. "That's… my back!" He cried out.

"Ouch… oh crap I'm sorry!"

"Ow- ah, its- it's fine~" he stood up slowly. "This way," he pointed.

Varlie grabbed Vail's hand and they burned the dark plants and collected fragments of light from it.

"In here, you'll meet your first krill. Stay out of its eyesight, the blue is what it sees, remember what I taught you!" He reminded of their conversation in hidden forest.

"Yeah got it- HOLY SHIT!!"

"HUH?" He whipped his head around the fallen structure and back to the moth. "WHAT?"

"They- they're terrifying!" She screamed.

"Hey it's okay, you'll get used to it!" He waited for the right moment to fly across.

"Aaaah-" Varlie glanced back at the krill.
"GO GO GO GO!" She urged Vail.

"Don't worry!" They swarped past the krill and down a slope of sand.
"But down here is a bit more challenging," he swarmed down into a carved rock with holes around it.

"We can't go through here, it's not possible!"

"Oh yes it is!" He flew past every other obstical and krill and made it to the dark broken steps.

"FUCK!" She stood there struck in horror.

"Hahaha, like I said, you'll get used to it. It just takes a little bit of planning then you can fly off in your own little route.

"Yeah… not for me though.."

"Heh, okay, now it's just this section and we're outta here."

They zoomed through the broken abandoned towers. They laid against a wall for a quick break and it began to crumble with small concrete parts rolling down when the two of them put their body pressure onto it.

"After this we go up the vault of knowledge and… I'll explain what Eden is when we get there." He stated.
There was a slight pause.
"....you alright kid?"

Varlie lost her track of thought while gazing at the golden sand below.

"Oh yeah, okay sorry don't worry, I'm good, and, I think I already came up with some songs on the instrument you showed me!"

"We do have to go, but I will be very happy to hear it complete after we get out of this area!" He brought themselves up to the stairways Infront of the locked metal gateway. Vail let go of Varlie's hand to light the glass diamond with his torch.
"Okay! Let's get through here before… kid? Hey Varlie, where are ya?!" He spun his head around but she was nowhere in sight.

"Hey you forgot some light particles over here!" She shouted out to him, burning the dark plants.

"VARLIE!!" he sprinted towards her. "Varlie get over here!!" He panicked.

"Huh? Why?" She couldn't see what was heading her way from behind her.

"KRILL!" he pointed out and shouted.